My Happiness

I return to Eomer's quarters and let myself in. I sit upon the bed we often share together and turn my head to look out of the window.
I am nervous, shaky almost, as if I already know the answer.

I wait for Eomer to return and when he does, there is a thoughtful yet concerned look on his face.

"My love?" I say, standing.

I walk towards him and he is unable to say anything straight away. His eyes look sorrowful as I bring my hand to caress his cheek.

Eomer closes his eyes at my touch and takes my hand into his own before kissing the back of it.

"I take it, there is news that will upset us both..." I say gently.

"I am to marry Princess Lothiriel tomorrow...at dawn." Eomer states.

My heart has a pain, like a dagger just pierced its core. I stand back and turn away, Eomer still gripping my hand with all the strength he has.

"You must let me go..." I say, trying to fight the tears.

"I will never let you go. You are the light at the end of a very dark and hopeless tunnel. I love you Kedealind." Eomer replies.

I turn back to face him and he wipes the tears from my cheeks, where they have fallen. I can no longer fight back my tears.

"And I love you." I respond. "However, you have to do what's right by your people."

"This is what is right by my Uncle, not my people. My people would have a happy, hopeful King, not a bitter, unfulfilled one." He says.

"I have something to give you." I say, taking my hands to the back of my neck and release the clasp on my Evenstar necklace. I take it from myself and place it on Eomer, my hands now reaching the back of his neck and clasping the necklace together.

It looks beautiful, as it sits on his chest.

"It is the Evenstar. It is a tradition of my people, the women in my family. We gift it to our true love, to show that we are always with them in the light and darkness." I say.

Eomer takes the pendant and looks at it, as it shines profusely.

"It is almost as beautiful as the person gifting it." He smirks. "I must ask, how have you not given it to Legolas? Before me?"

I think about this. About his words. It is a good question that needs answering.

"I guess I knew deep down, that he wasn't my true love." I say, feeling awful.

"Then I am grateful I hold that true for you. And you, I." He says, there is a look on his face that is mischievous.

He kisses me.

"If this is to be our last night, then we should make it count." He winks at me, before kissing me again.

"I do not wish for it to be our last night together....I too cannot be a mistress who will be envious over the life you will have with her." I say.

"That life is not my choice, my choice is you..." Eomer says.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused to what he means.

"I will meet with Lothiriel tomorrow. There is an hour where we must get to know each other...I will explain to her the situation. Then you and me will leave Edoras." Eomer states.

My face displays what I can only describe as shock.

"And leave behind being King? What happens when the time comes for an heir?" I ask, genuinely wondering.

"Eowyn would be a great Queen, I will speak with her this eve and tell her." Eomer responded.

I nod.
"But what if she does not want this life? It would be unfair to leave her with such decisions and with no help."

"Then she can make the decision if she wants to pass on her Royalty. I cannot sit by while King Theoden makes decisions on my behalf, not when that involves someone I care about deeply." He says.

"I do not want to be a burden on your life here and your duties to Rohan, the Rohirrim...I want you to decide for yourself and not what you think will make me happy." I state.

His hand rises to meet my chin, placing his forefinger and thumb underneath, lifting my head up to see him.

"This is my happiness. You are..." he says.

Without warning I kiss him and he lifts me up, placing me on the dresser and we rush to remove our clothing between kisses.

No foreplay this time...he enters me straight away, thrusting hard and quickly.

The passion takes over, and my nails dig into his back slightly as we make love. I can tell he is turned on by this as he growls at every thrust.

"Eomer...please..."
I beg, wanting him to keep going as I near my climax.

Suddenly with an earth shattering scream, I come, feeling every sensation and more.

I quiver at his touch, my intimacy becomes sensitive now as I come down from my high.

I here his groans staggered as he is on the edge of ecstasy, before he releases inside of me.

He kisses me after we both experience the intense pleasure.

Eomer looks at me with a slight smile.
"You are always my happiness."