Kalos Part 12

A/N: Thank you for reading this far. As I stated in the Bio of this story. This story is supposed to take place in the same universe as the anime. So the Viridian City Gym leader is not Giovani any longer and if you remember at the beginning of the Battle Frontier Arc, Agatha of the Kanto Elite 4 was taking the spot of Gym Leader until a new Gym Leader was chosen. So I ask that you please keep an open mind for this chapter. It will all tie in to the Kalos arc of this story. Thank you again for reading this far! <3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And then Valerie said that any fairy type Pokemon could learn to read Fairy Aura by using a fairy type attack on an item connected to Xerneas," Marco explained to Professor Sycamore. It was the next day and the group had returned to Lumiose City to meet with the professor to report on their findings regarding Fairy Aura. "She said that even Togepi could eventually learn how to read Fairy Aura."

"Magnificent!" Professor Sycamore said. "Great work, all of you."

"And guess what else!" Ashley added. "Valerie informed us about the Infinity Cup that will be taking place here in Kalos. The winner will get to battle against the new Viridian City Gym Leader from that Kanto region."

"Did you say the Viridian City Gym Leader?" Professor Sycamore asked. He looked at Vilnis with a serious gaze. "Vilnis, that means-" Vilnis stood up slowly with his head down. He turned away and walked out of Professor Sycamore's office with Umbreon following quickly behind.

"What's wrong with him?" Ashley asked. "Was it something I said?"

"He got that way yesterday too," Marco added. Professor Sycamore looked at Ashley and Marco with pity in his eyes.

"It really isn't my place to say," He started. "But Vilnis has some history with that particular Gym Leader."

...

After Vilnis had left Professor Sycamore's office, he walked around Lumiose City, aimlessly with Umbreon following him. All of his other Pokemon were still at the lab, unaware that he had left.

"Why did it have to be him?" Vilnis complained to Umbreon. "There are plenty of strong Gym Leaders out there. Why him?" Umbreon cooed and nuzzled against Vilnis's leg.

After a while of wandering the city, Vilnis and Umbreon sat on a bench just outside of Prism Tower. They admired the beauty of the tower's structure and how it shimmered in the sunlight.

"There is a gym inside that tower," Vilnis said. "Why not that Gym Leader? Anyone but the Gym Leader from Viridian City." Umbreon tapped its paw on Vilnis's shoulder as if it were comforting him. "I know that I'll have to tell Marco and Ashley soon. But I just can't bring myself to do it." He pet Umbreon's silky black fur as he explained. "I'm just so embarrassed. And here I was, starting to enjoy the idea of challenging Gym Leaders and winning battles."

"There you are," Ashley said. She and Marco had seemed to appear out of nowhere. "After you left so abruptly, we got worried."

"Oh. Hey guys," Vilnis said, still not meeting their eyes. "I didn't mean to worry you. I just needed some time to myself to sort my thoughts."

"Professor Sycamore told us that you are upset because of the Infinity Cup," Marco began. "But he didn't go into too much detail. He said that it wasn't his place to explain."

"I'm not upset about the Infinity Cup," Vilnis started. "I'm upset that it's the Viridian City Gym Leader who is the one who the trainers will have to battle in order to win."

"Do you want to tell us why?" Ashley asked. "It's alright if you don't. But, you know you can talk to us about anything. We're your friends."

"I'll tell you," Vilnis said, pulling Umbreon into a tight hug. "You see, the truth is that the new Viridian City Gym Leader is actually my older brother."