Kalos Part 23

A/N: I have another 2 chapters for you all. It's getting to the good part!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome, everyone, to the first match of the semi-finals of the Infinity Cup!" Misty announced to the stadium. The entirety of the audience erupted in loud cheers. "For this match, we will get to see a long-time rivalry between childhood friends come to a head! It's Ashley vs. Danny! Who will be advancing to the final round?"

As Ashley and Danny took their spots on the battlefield, a referee stepped forward and explained the rules of the battle. "This will be a three on three battle. Both trainers may substitute their Pokemon as they see fit. Mega Evolution and Z-Moves are permitted if you have access to them," she explained. "Are you both ready?"

"I'm ready," Ashley called, gripping a Pokeball in her hand.

"I am ready, too," Danny said.

"Then, Battle begin!" the referee called.

"Now Meowstic, I choose you!" Ashley said, throwing the Pokeball onto the field. A Meowstic with shimmering white fur appeared, ready to battle.

"Sableye, time for battle!" Danny called, also throwing his Pokeball onto the field. A battle-ready Sableye took it's stance, awaiting orders.

"I see that Ashley's caught a Meowstic," Marco commented from the stands. "It really fits her personality."

"But it's not a good match up," Akito said. "Meowstic is a psychic type Pokemon and psychic moves will have no effect on Sableye."

"I'm sure Ashley has a plan," Vilnis added. "She's stubborn and short tempered at times, but she's one of the most skilled battlers that I know."

"Sableye, use Mean Look!" Danny ordered.

"And the first move used in this match is Mean Look," Professor Sycamore announced. "That means that Ashley will not be able to withdraw Meowstic from battle!"

"How am I not surprised that you would pull something like this?" Ashley commented. "But we're full of surprises. Now, Charge Beam!" Meowstic let out a beam full of electric energy that struck Sableye. Traces of static were still crawling over Sableye's body after the Charge Beam hit.

"Sableye, come back," Danny returned Sableye to its Pokeball. "Now Voltorb, go!" A Voltorb materialized onto the battlefield from the Pokeball that Danny threw. "Use Rollout!"

"Quick, jump out of the way!" Ashley ordered. Meowstic dodged the first Rollout that Voltorb did, but was quickly overtaken by four more Rollouts in a row. Static jolts of electricity were evident on Meowstic's body.

"That's Voltorbs Static ability," commented Marco. "It causes the opponent to become paralyzed."

"Meowstic, use Disarming Voice!" Ashley ordered. Meowstic struggled to move for a moment, but then lifted its ears and sent out a deafening screech. The Disarming Voice caused Voltorb to roll backwards, sustaining a bit of damage.

"I didn't want to have to do this," Danny said. "But you leave me little choice. Voltorb, Explosion!" Danny's Voltorb began to glow with immense power and suddenly exploded, enveloping that battlefield with smoke!

"Both Pokemon are unable to battle," the referee announced as the smoke cleared. "Both trainers, bring out your next Pokemon, please."

"We've already seen Danny use Sableye and Voltorb," Vilnis said. "I wonder who he'll use next? His third Pokemon? Or will he use Sableye again?"

"Glameow, I choose you!" Ashley said, releasing Glameow onto the battlefield.

"It's been a long time since Glameow and my next Pokemon have battled," Danny called to Ashley. "I choose Mudkip!" Danny called Mudkip out onto the field.