Galar Part 6

"That's wonderful news!" Sonia said while on the phone with Goh. "Why don't you guys come back here to the lab and meet up with Leon's group. Then you can all head to the Crown Tundra together."

"We'll do that," Goh replied. "See you soon." With that, the call ended.

"Cynthia talked to someone who said they saw Ash and Pikachu on a train headed towards the Crown Tundra," Sonia said to Marco.

"That's where Vilnis and that Serena girl went," Marco said, looking at the map. "The Crown Tundra. It looks so large. I wonder if they'll be able to cover it all."

"I don't think it'll be a problem," Sonia said. "I'm calling the other groups back here and then we all can head out to the Crown Tundra together."

"Us too?" Marco asked. "Are you sure that's a smart idea?"

"Well, if we all go together, it might make it easier to find Ash if he's still there," Sonia said.

"I've never heard of the Crown Tundra before," Marco said. "What's down there?"

"The Crown Tundra is rumored to be the home to many Legendary and Mythical Pokemon," Sonia explained. "Part of my research covers that area as well."

"Legendary Pokemon..." Marco said in a quiet tone. "That would be the perfect spot for the Beryl Foundation to strike if they know about it."

"I'm afraid they do," Sonia confessed. "You see, I handed over a copy of all my research to Professor Aspen. That was before we knew that she was the leader of those Pokemon Hunters."

"It seems like there is never a break with those people," Marco said. "Ashley, Vilnis, and I have had run-ins with them pretty much since the day we met."

"So you've battled with them a lot," Sonia said.

"Yes," Marco nodded. "Because of them, one of our good friends almost lost his life too. But it hasn't been all bad. We got to meet and befriend many Legendary Pokemon along the way. I've even written a journal about the encounters we've had."

"Do you mind if I take a look at it?" Sonia asked.

"Not at all," Marco said. He pulled out the journal from his backpack and handed it to Sonia. She read over the entries.

"So you, Ashley, and Vilnis really became conduits for Xernas, Yveltal, and Zygarde to speak through? And you got to see Shadow Lugia and Monochrome Ho-oh!?" She said in disbelief. "This is a very detailed journal. I'm impressed."

"Thank you," Marco said, putting the journal back into his backpack. "If only my father thought so."

"He's not impressed?" She asked.

"Not a bit," Marco frowned. "I told him that my dream was to track down and see all the Legendary Pokemon that I could. He told me that I needed to stop being so childish. His dream for me was to take over the family business. But when I decided to leave home and search the world for Legendary Pokemon, he pretty much disowned me."

"That's terrible," Sonia said. "If only he knew how much good you've done for the world in the time you've been gone." She sat there for a moment to ponder. "I know that this might be crummy timing, but I've actually been thinking about hiring a Research Assistant. Judging by how professional your journal entries are and your experience in independent research, I think that you would be great for the job."

"A Research Assistant?" Marco asked.

"Like I said, crummy timing," Sonia smiled. " Let's just focus on the task at hand for now. You can think it over and apply for the position later if that's what you decide."