Kalos Part 25

A/N: Hello my dear Readers. I will be posting the last 3 chapters of the Kalos Arc today. I hope you've enjoyed it to this point. I plan on writing three more arcs, but they won't be as long as the Kalso Arc has been because this first Arc was meant to establish original characters that will progress the story line further. Thank you! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the light began to fade, everyone could see that both Mega Absol and Mega Gengar were standing their ground, breathing heavily. They just stared at each other, not daring to make another move. Suddenly, Mega Absol collapsed out of exhaustion from not only the impact of the Dazzling Gleam, but also the Infestation that was still in effect. It then reverted back to its normal form.

"Mega Absol is no longer able to battle!" called the referee. "Which means that the winner of the Infinity Cup is Vilnis!" The stadium exploded in cheers and applause.

"And just like that, Vilnis wins the Infinity Cup!" Misty announced. "He will be awarded with the first place trophy momentarily. We will also be awarding Ashley with a Finalist Silver Metal. Danny and Irida will be awarded with Bronze Metals for making it to the Semi-Finals and everyone else who competed will be given Infinity Cup pins for making this competition an unforgettable experience for everyone!"

"Don't forget that tomorrow afternoon will be the Gym Battle between Vilnis and Ezra, the Viridian City Gym Leader!" Professor Sycamore said. "If Vilnis is successful in winning that match, he will be given the Infinity Badge which will grant him immediate access to battle the Kalos Elite 4 and the Champion, Diantha!"

...

After the awards were given out, Vilnis, Ashley, Akito, and Marco went back to Professor Sycamore's lab where he, Misty, Clemont, and Valerie were waiting with a congratulatory dinner ready. They went over what was most enjoyable about the competition and what surprised them the most.

Marco commented that he wanted to have a Mega Evolution battle with both Vilnis and Ashley sometime in the future. Akito also said he wanted to have a Mega Evolution battle, revealing that he, too, had a Key Stone.

"It was given to me by one of Professor Rowan's friends," He said. "She's a really strong trainer in the Sinnoh region."

Later that night, after everyone had settled down for bed, Vilnis was having trouble sleeping. He quietly got out of bed, careful not to wake Umbreon who was sleeping next to him. He quietly opened the door, looking back at Akito who was asleep on the pullout futon next to his bed, making sure he didn't wake up. Grookey was sleeping next to Akito on the futon, sound asleep too.

Vilnis sat outside in front of the lab looking at Prism Tower off in the distance.

"Can't sleep?" Ashley said from behind him. She had sat down next to him.

"What are you doing up this late?" Vilnis asked.

"I was going over our battle earlier," she admitted. "It was really close. But you managed to beat me in the end. I really thought I would make it this time."

"I know that you really wanted this," Vilnis said. "But I want it too, so I didn't hold back." He noticed that she had tears building up in her eyes.

"I'm glad that you didn't hold back," she replied, rubbing the tears away from her eyes. "That means I still have a dream to hold onto! One day, I will be a Pokemon League Champion!"

"That's great!" Vilnis said. "I'll be here, supporting you all the way."

"So why are you up?" Ashley asked.

"If I'm being honest," Vilnis started. "I'm worried about tomorrow. It'll be the first time seeing Ezra in seven years."

"You still haven't spoken to him?" She asked. "He hasn't, like, reached out to you? He's got to know that you're battling him now!"

"Maybe he just doesn't care," Vilnis said, pulling his knees up to his face and burying his head. "But I don't care about that. I'm going to give it my all tomorrow and win that Badge!"

"You can do it!" Ashley said, putting her hand on his shoulder. "I believe in you! I'll be cheering with Marco and Akito tomorrow!"

"Thanks, Ashley," Vilnis smiled.

...

"This is it," Vilnis said to his Pokemon. They were all in the challenger's locker room at Lumiose Conference Arena. "We're going to be battling my brother in just a few minutes. I want us to go out there and give it everything! No holding back!" All of his Pokemon gave out cheerful cries, showing they were ready.

"But before we go out there," Vilnis said, digging through his bag. "There is one last thing I need to do."