Kalos Part 26

"The Gym Battle between Vilnis of Vaniville Town and Ezra, the Viridian City Gym Leader is about to begin!" Misty announced to the stadium. "Professor Sycamore has agreed to act as the referee for this battle, so I will be your one and only host for this match!"

"This is going to be a tense match," Marco said.

"What do you mean?" Akito asked. "I mean, I understand that Ezra has a reputation for being a strong Gym Leader and is almost unbeatable. But, Vilnis has shown that he can hold his own in battle."

"It won't be tense for that reason," Ashley said. "It's because Ezra and Vilnis are brothers." This came as a shock to Akito, Clemont, and Valerie.

"That's right," Marco commented. "They haven't spoken to each other for nearly seven years. Ever since Ezra became the Viridian City Gym Leader."

"I had no idea," Valerie said. "Is that why Sir. Vilnis got so somber when I told you all about the infinity cup back then?"

"Vilnis is now approaching the Trainer Box on the right side of the field," Misty announced.

"Where is Umbreon?" Marco asked. "He's been right beside Vilnis throughout this whole competition."

"And now Ezra is entering the left Trainer Box!" Misty said. "Few people are aware of this, but Vilnis and Ezra are actually brothers. Both born and raised here in the Kalos region! It will be interesting to see this battle!" Ezra had a striking resemblance to Vilnis, he had shorter and better groomed hair and a full beard. He wore a black shirt with matching slacks and a deep red overcoat. His skin tone and pale green eyes were just like Vilnis'.

Professor Sycamore began to explain the rules of the battle to Vilnis and Ezra. "This will be an official four on four Gym battle between Ezra, the Gym Leader and Vilnis, the challenger. Only the challenger is allowed to substitute his Pokemon. Do you both understand?"

"Right," Ezra said, readying a Pokeball. Vilnis just nodded, showing that he was ready.

"Well then," Professor Sycamore said. "Battle begin!"

"I choose you, Druddigon!" Ezra said, throwing a Pokeball onto the field. A ferocious looking Druddigon materialized, ready for battle!

"And Ezra's first choice is Druddigon!" Misty said. "Not many trainers are able to get past this one!"

"I'm depending on you," Vilnis said, throwing the Heal Ball. It had released a newly evolved Togekiss onto the battlefield!

"When did that happen?" Ashley asked. "It was Togetic this morning!"

"He must have evolved it right before this battle!" Marco commented.

"It's good to see you, little brother," Ezra called.

"I didn't come all this way to talk, I came to battle!" Vilnis shouted. "Togekiss, use Aura Sphere!" Togekiss flew up, collected energy into a large sphere and sent it towards the opposing Druddigon. After the energy dispersed, it appeared to not have caused any damage.

"If that's the way it's going to be," Ezra started. "Druddigon, use Smackdown!" Druddigon launched a large rock down on Togekiss, sending it to the ground!

"That's got to cause a lot of damage," Akito said. "But Druddigon hasn't seemed to weaken at all."

"Togekiss, hit it with Air Slash!" Vilnis called. Togekiss flew up again, gaining momentum in the air, then quickly soaring to Druddigon with a blade of wind, sending it back and causing some damage.

"Alright!" Ashley cheered, pumping her fist. "You can do it!"

"Use Toxic!" Ezra called. Druddigon launched a deep purple sludge that drenched Togekiss.