Sinnoh Part 5

A/N: I am excited about this week's upcoming episode with the supposed leaks about Serena's appearance. However, I am still skeptical. Haha. Anyways, here is the chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I hope you don't mind that we were watching," said the man with the blue jacket. "It isn't too common to see people battle with Mega Evolved Pokemon here in the Sinnoh region."

"That's perfectly fine," Vilnis said.

"Oh!" Ashley cried out. "It's you!" She walked up to the man in the blue jacket. "You're... well you're you!"

"I am," the man chuckled. "The name is Volkner."

"I know," Ashley said. "And you're the Gym Leader here, aren't you?"

"That's right," Volkner said. "And this is my best friend, Flint."

"It's nice to meet you all," Flint said, waving his hand.

"You're a member of the Sinnoh Elite 4, aren't you?" Akito asked.

"Yes, I am," Flint answered.

"It's an honor to have you both watch our battle," Marco said. "I'm Marco."

"My name is Akito, it's a pleasure to meet you."

"I'm Ashley," Ashley said, looking adamantly at Volkner.

"And my name is Vilnis," Vilnis said.

"You are the Champion of the Kalos region, correct?" Flint asked.

"I guess I am," Vilnis said, scratching his head. "Man, that really hasn't sunk in quite yet."

"Champion, if you don't mind," Volkner started. "We were wondering if you would have a battle with us."

"Me?" Vilnis asked.

"Yes," Flint said. "We really enjoyed how you handled that tag battle before. Would you have a double battle with us?"

Vilnis turned to his friends. "Well, I don't see why not."

Flint and Volkner stood across from Vilnis on the makeshift battlefield. Volker called out his Electivre while Flint chose Infernape. Vilnis decided to go with Umbreon and Dragonite. Marco stood as referee.

"Are both sides ready?" Marco asked. Everyone nodded. "Battle begin!"

"Electivire! Use Cross Chop!" Volkner called out. Just as Electivire was about to make contact with Dragonite, there was a heavy force that shook the ground. Not just on the beach, but the entire city felt it. Even stranger, the force was felt in the air as well.

"An earthquake?" Ashley asked as the shaking stopped.

"I don't think so," Volkner said. "An earthquake would only be felt on the ground. There was some kind of strange energy shaking or distorting the air."

"That was strange," Flint commented. "I wonder what that was."

Suddenly, Akito's phone began to ring. He looked at the screen and saw that Professor Rowan was calling. He answered and switched to video.

"Akito?" Professor Rowan asked.

"We're all here, Professor," Akito said, showing the rest of the group.

"I'm sorry to be interrupting your vacation, everyone. But something strange just happened," Professor Rowan explained. "I have energy sensors placed all over the Sinnoh region and they all went off at once, just moments ago. A huge wave of energy was just felt all over Sinnoh. We believe that the source of that energy wave is coming from the top of Mt. Coronet."

"So that's what that was," Marco commented.

"I hate to ask you to do this," Professor Rowan said. "But I need you to investigate the cause of this energy wave."

"You can count on us, Professor," Vilnis said. Behind the group, Volkner and Flint looked at each other and nodded in silent agreement.

"You're in Sunyshore City at the moment, is that right?" the professor asked.

"Yes," Akito said.

"I need you to catch a train and go to Celestic Town," Professor Rowan said. "There, you will meet up with a colleague of mine at the Pokemon Center and she will guide you to the top of Mt. Coronet."

"Professor?" Vilnis asked. "What about Professor Aspen?"

"Professor Aspen is preparing to travel up to Mt. Coronet as we speak. She will meet you at Spear Pillar, the summit of Mt. Coronet while I monitor for more energy waves from my lab."

"Thank you for informing us," Marco said. "We will call you once we get to Celestic Town."

The group turned to Volkner and Flint. Vilnis approached them.

"I'm sorry that we had to cut our battle short, but we need to get to Celestic Town."

"We're coming with you," Flint said.

"You don't need to do that," Vilnis replied.

"Of course we do," Volkner said. "Sinnoh is our home. If there is something that is causing danger for everyone, we need to do what we can to prevent it."

"Thank you for coming along," Marco said.

...

The train to Celestic Town took a couple of hours, but the group eventually made it there. Once they got into town, Akito called Professor Rowan to let him know that they were making their way to the Pokemon Center. Outside of the Pokemon Center stood a woman with long blonde hair. She wore a long black coat and matching slacks.

"You must be the group that Professor Rowan sent to meet up with me," the woman said.

"Cynthia!" Akito said. "It's nice to see you again!"

"It's great to see you, too," Cynthia replied. She then turned to Flint and Volkner. "Flint, Volkner. It's always a pleasure."

"Likewise," Flint said.

"Aktio," Marco whispered. "You didn't tell us that you knew the Sinnoh Champion!"

"Sure I did," Akito said. "Remember? Back in Lumiose City I told you that she gave me my Key Stone."

"You never mentioned that it was Cynthia!" Ashley chimed in. "You just said it was a friend of Professor Rowan's!"

"Akito," Cynthia interrupted. "Would you like to introduce me to your friends?"

"Oh, of course," Akito said. "This is Ashley, Marco, and Vilnis." He gestured to them. "Not to mention their partners Grookey, Glameow, and Umbreon too."

"You're Vilnis," Cynthia said, approaching him. "The Champion of Kalos."

"Oh," Vilnis chuckled nervously. "Yeah, I guess so."

"There's no need to be nervous," Cynthia said. "It's always a pleasure to meet a fellow Champion."

"Right," Vilnis replied.

"When Professor Rowan explained that the shaking we felt in Sunyshore City was some kind of energy wave that originated from Spear Pillar, I began to wonder," Marco explained. "Do you think that could have been the work of the deities of time and space?"

"That's what I was thinking," Cynthia said. "I've seen something like this before, years ago."

"So you've had this energy wave shake the region before?" Ashley asked.

"Not the wave of energy," Cynthia replied. "But I have this familiar feeling similar to what happened back then. A man named Cyrus had this insane desire to harness the powers of Palkia, the Pokemon said to guard Space, and Dialga, the Pokemon who rules over time. Cyrus wanted to take their powers to create a new world for himself. I suppose you could say that he was successful in doing so, because he was able to open a portal to another world, but was lost in the process."

"Perhaps someone is trying to summon Palkia and Dialga again to do something similar to what Cyrus set out to do?" Marco suggested.

"It is a possibility," Cynthia said. "But we won't know until we go and see for ourselves. It could take us days to reach Spear Pillar if we go by foot. Do you have Pokemon that can fly?"