Johto Part 3

"If we're going to do this in a timely manner, we should split up," Lance said. "I think that one group should travel north to Ecruteak City. There are legends that claim a person with a pure heart can make contact with Ho-oh there."

"I'll go to Ecruteak City," Ashley stated boldly. "I want to do what I can to help out. Please, let me go there."

"I'll go with you," Marco said. "I've done a fair amount of research on Johto legends. So that knowledge could come in handy."

"Maybe I should go with the two of you as well," Steven suggested.

"Great," Lance said. "You will be Group One. Ashley, I am entrusting this to you." He handed her the Rainbow Wing.

"I'll keep it safe," She assured him.

"The next group should go to Shamouti Island," Lance stated. "There is a shrine there that is dedicated to Lugia. Perhaps we will learn how to make contact with the Beast of the Sea."

"I'll go to the Orange Islands and find out what I can about Lugia," Vilnis said.

"I'm going with you," Akito added.

"You will be Group Two," Lance said. "If you go to New Bark Town and then head east, you will reach the sea. You should be able to find a boat that is heading to the Orange Islands. If you get to New Bark Town by the evening, you can make a stop at Professor Elm's lab and I'm sure he will give you information regarding how to get to Shamouti."

"Lance?" Steven asked. "Where will you be going then?"

"I want to check on something in the mountain range just beyond Blackthorn City," Lance replied. "There have been reports that Raikou claims that area as its territory. There have not been any reports of airships in that area, so I wanted to get there as soon as possible to try to meet these Beryl Foundation people before they get a chance to capture the third legendary beast."

"Alright then, my friend," Steven said. "Please be safe."

"I will," Lance then held out a Pokeball and threw it into the air. A strong looking Dragonite emerged from the Pokeball and Lance mounted on its back. "Vilnis," He said. "Take this with you." He handed over the Silver Wing to Vilnis.

"Thank you, Lance," Vilnis said as he gently placed the Silver Wing in his bag.

"Good luck to you all!" Lance called as his Dragonite took flight. Both groups took off in the direction of their destinations, unsure as to what awaits them in the future.