Chapter 17

Abigail POV

After food we headed outside once again and I stopped to close my eyes, take a breath, and listen to the wind. It felt nice and welcoming, the feeling I was not used to, not from the old pack that was always angry and upsetting.

"You good Abs?" Theo must have noticed I stopped. I opened my eyes and looked at him with a smile.

"Much better now that I have a full belly and talked to you." That was the truth. Getting those feelings out and being honest, it lifted a weight off my shoulders. Compared to this morning I could have mistaken myself as floating. I hurried to catch up to him and grabbed his hand as he looked down at me with a smile. We continued our way to the training grounds. I wonder how much it has changed since I was little. We walked in a comfortable silence until we reached closer to the grounds.

As we got closer you could hear grunts and sounds of pain as well as laughter and normal talk. Just like when I was little it was a cleared-out ground where men and women were training and conversing. I smiled big and a beautiful laughter erupted from my mate. I looked at him with a glare.

"Sorry, you just lit up like a kid in a candy shop." I frowned.

"I'm just super excited. I never really got actual training; I was not allowed on the training grounds at the other pack." I looked again at the people training. Reminding me of how I would watch from a distance at the place where I was held captive at. Shaking off the memory I look up to Theo. "So, what are we going to do?"

He pointed his head towards the middle where once I followed his direction spotted my brother watching and giving pointers to a group of warriors. "We are going to see where you have strength and where you have weakness before training tomorrow."

I jumped with joy; I could not wait to finally get trained. It's weird being excited about something like this, but I have always wanted to learn. Plus, Theo was not shirtless so I would be able to concentrate and show what I could and could not do.

As we walked towards Derik I caught stares headed our way, and some females looking Theo up and down with a giggle here and there. Frowning, I practically merged to Theo's side and wrapped my arms around his one. He stumbled for a second before catching his footing and continuing while asking if I was ok. I told him I was and watched as the females quickly turned away from my glare. Before I knew it, we reached Derik.

"Oh, hey guys" a sigh, "Sis stop glaring before you run them off from training." I quickly looked up embarrassed before apologizing. Then Derik and Theo laughed.

"That explains the randomness from earlier." Theo said with a snicker. I looked away and let go.

"Sorry." I said before he told me it was fine and cute. I looked to Derik trying to change the subject. "So how exactly are we testing me?" He raised his eyebrow at me knowing exactly what I was doing but went with it anyway.

"Just a little sparring, we are going to test your reflexes first."

I instantly felt depleted, "but I have never sparred or anything before with anyone!" At this point we have gotten a lot of attention because we were casually conversing with the Alpha, and they did not know who I was. That was before my brother's Beta showed up.

"Alright Alpha everything is clear! Oh, hey Alpha Theo and Luna Abigail!" He then did a slight bow. I hit him on top of the head and sighed. The asshole, he knew I hated being called that. A lot of people began to whisper after that, and Derik shook his head.

"Alright everyone chill out. Keep your nose out of this. All of you get back to work before I get angry!" They did just that and got back to training, randomly glancing my way, but at least they were back to work. Then Derik focused on me. "Alright sis, time to test your reflexes." With that I gulped. Then Derik and Theo took on the challenge of how this would go.

After bantering the two decided the best way to test my reflexes and skills would be them, my brother and mate. I was not excited to say the least. The first person to be up is my mate. I had to block out Sabrina some to focus on fighting and not that he was my mate.

"Alright Abby, don't hold back, do what you can." I nodded my head slowly before copying his stance. He came at me, his right fist headed towards my head, I slid to the side swiftly and kicked his legs out from under him. Down he went, I saw this skill many times before. I looked down at him and put my hand out. He looked back at me astounded as he took my hand and got back up. I looked up and around to see my brother and a few other warriors looking at me the same way.

"What?" I scrunched up a little embarrassed.

"I thought you said you had no training Abs?" My brother was the first to speak up.

I shrugged, "I didn't, I just watched from a distance and practiced some of the moves on my own in the woods. I wasn't allowed on training grounds or even to have an ounce of training."

"Well, I would definitely say you have an eye then. That was pretty good, so let's go again." Theo smiled at me proudly, and that filled me with a new happiness. He was proud of me, his mate. I would do my best to continue making him proud. Sabrina was excited that we made him feel this way as well. With that we continued with him failing and succeeding at things. They gave me a few pointers and let me know some things we would be training on. Now it was my brother's turn and I sighed, just another hour before we ended the day. I could do this.