The Continuation

The pouring rain stops. But I am here standing, thinking what should I do next. Kailangan ko nang umuwi. My mom is finding me right now. She is all worried I know. I wanted to go home. I needed to. But I can't leave this little kid in here. Basang-basa dahil sa ulan kanina at kanyang dugo.

I sat up and reach the child. I put my hands on its head, finding the wound.
I should stop the blood first.

Kinapa ko ang kanyang ulo, "I--It hurts" a faint groaned of the child. The wound is on the back of the head.

Pumunit ako sa laylayan ng aking damit. I tried to tied it to the child's head to cover the blood. It was hard thing to do so. With my shaky hands I tried to take a longer piece in my dress. As I finished covering the wound. I hold its cheeks, it is cold. I am afraid and nervous. Patay na ba siya? Kinuha ko ang kanyang mga munting kamay at pinulsuhan. It is beating, but it is slow. I breathe deeply.

What should I do? Why did the child is here all alone?

I cried. I need to save him. I wanted to save him. I need to find some cure. Suddenly, a thought flashed on my mind.

"Smell this Chantea" mom put something near my nose.

"Hmm, it smell good. What kind of flower is this?" I asked. The smell is addicting.

"It was a leaf, Chantea", my mom answered, chuckling. "It is called Sanati it was a best medicine for wound".

"Oh, what a quite name. Where can I found it,mom?" I asked.

"Hmm, it was hard to find one. But it is actually found among the bermuda grass after the rain", mom answered. "Dudurugin mo muna gamit ang bato and it will be a good medicine", she added.

"Sanati" I whispered. I need to find some. I checked the ground. It was a bermuda grass. I hurriedly search for that leaf. I spread my hands wandering all over the spaces.

Please, there should be.

I never know what I look right now. My dress is soaking in wet. My hands are probably red due to the child's blood. I'm crying.

At the moment, I felt something within the grass. Malapad, it seems like a leaf. I put my head near it and smell. It is Sanati!

I go back to the place where I felt a rock. I pick it up and carried it nearer the child.

Lumapit ako sa bata. I put the leaf above the one rock and take the other, raising it to give a force.

One blow. Two. Thr--

"Hey! Hey! What are you doing?" a voice suddenly heared. "Why are you holding a rock?" another voice said. They are two. Judging by their voice they seems like a middle-aged women.

I heard steps going to where I am and the child right now. They are walking towards here.

"There a child lying! What did you do? You witch!" One woman shouted.

I got nervous. What did I do?

"I'm ju--just trying to help!" I shouted.

"There is a blood on the child, sister" another woman said.

They arrived to our position. Umurong ako. I heard sniffled sound seems like they're checking the child.

"There is no pulse!" A woman informed the other one. "That lady killed here"
The woman added.

"No,no,no." Sabi ko habang nagpalinga-linga. The child is dead? W--What?

"You! You killed the child!" One woman voice out. "No!" I denied. "I-- I'm trying to medicate the kid", I added. Why? Why they think of me like that?

"You killed the child!" The woman shouted. "We saw you holding a rock, your dress and hands are covered in blood" addingly stated.

No. I don't. Why they don't believe me?

Out of fear, I stand up. I ran hurriedly away from them.

"Hey, you witch! Stop!" I heard steps. They are following me. I-- I never done wrong.

My tears are falling. Why won't they believe me? I ran out, as fast as I could, away from those people. People who judged me wrong.

"Do not go far away, Chantea".

I was reminded by mom's statement.
Kung nakinig lang ako, all of this shouldn't happen.

I wipe my tears. Where should I go? I don't know where the hell am I. I-- I can't go home. I don't even remember which way I took. I just run and run without any destination in mind.

I stopped as I bumped into something. It is painful. It is a big tree judging by the size of its trunk. It will be good for a hiding spot...for now. I listened, the voice of the woman running after me was now far gone. Am I safe now?

Sumandal ako sa puno. The sudden adrenaline rush are now fading inside my body. I'm catching up my breath.

All I wanted is to save the kid. To give a cure. Why they can't see it. Why they easily judged me?

I closed my eyes. My thoughts suddenly shifted. I'm reminded to the child. "There is no pulse!". Hindi ko namalayan ang pagpatak ng aking luha.

If...If only I am able to see. Maliligtas ko pa siya. I can easily find that cure. I can save the child.

But this stupid eyes.

My sob turn to hard cries. I am guilty. I've hardly save the child. Iniwan ko pa siya. I ran and think of my own self. Kung hindi ako ang nakarinig sa kanya, maliligtas pa sana siya na kung sino. Why did I go there if I cannot be a help?

I cover my mouth straining my cries. I should be quiet. Hindi ako sigurado kung may nakasunod sa akin.

I am sorry kid. I am definitely sorry.

The aftereffect of sudden running flash onto me. I am dizzy. I am worn out. As I close my eyes, I heard a shout.

"CHANTEA!! Where are you?". The voice seems familiar. "Chantea!" Its getting clearer, the voice is near. "My lovely, where are you?!" The voice lastly added. Its mom.

As a single tear drop on my eyes, "Mom", I whispered. After that, I shut down to the world.