No Hope

I am back to the tragic night.

But now I am running all alone and seeing everything clearly.

People with torches are running after me. Screaming their desire to find me and get my life. They wanted to kill me because of the child that I didn't intend to lose his life with my hands. I am just wanting to help but that kindness turn to danger to mine.

"Find that child of a witch!"

Why are they calling mom like that?

"Run Chantea, run!"

And now I am sweating, full of dirt and blood to the bruise I've gotten to every fall and scratches from the curved branches.

I hit on the big tree and rolled over down the steep cliff. Before I lose my consciousness, I muttered those words of plea.

"Please somebody help me."

The dream shifted to my birthday before the tragic night happened.

Mom came in with a cake in her hand. She was all smiled and goes to surprise me. She sang happy birthday but I just later on cried.

I was crying a river, nagrereklamo sa mata ko. Mom just hugged me saying sorry. 

"I am such a burden!", I spoke but mom just hugged me and say, "You are already special, my lovely."

Mom held my cheeks and I closed my eyes.

Flashes of scene comes in like a trailer movie. It was all about mom. Those moment that she smiled, laughed, how she watered her precious plants.

I am seeing all that now.

Suddenly, a blinding light shows. Nang nasanay na ako sa liwanag, I saw myself standing in the middle of a flower garden. It was filled with pink heath flowers.

The setting sun was in front of me, making the scenery more beautiful. Suddenly a white butterfly, flew around me. I followed the butterfly with my eyes until it stopped at the top of my nose.

I closed my eyes.

A warmth arms enveloped me. I've opened my eyes and welcome with mom smiling over me. I see her in close-up. Her eyes are bright and big. Her nose are small and slim. Her pink lips and small face.

"My lovely", she whispered and I smiled at her.

"I miss you, my child", she hugged me again yet tighter.

I answered back her hug with the same intensity and all felt her warmth that I've missed for a long time.

She broke the hug and put her palm on my left cheeks.  "Your eyes are pretty", she complimented and smiled.

But her expression quickly turned into negative. Her smiling eyes drooped low. "Now, the time is near."

She looked at me in sadness with her eyes and muttered, "I am sorry, my lovely."

Kanina pa ako gising pero ang isip ko ay kanina pang lumulutang papunta sa panaginip na iyon.

There are left many unanswered questions. Those loop-holes, sudden flashbacks, and statement of mom left me in dazed and fall to curiousity.

And it pissing me off as I can't find answers.

Why do I see mom in my dream? Hindi sa ayaw ko, pero naging madalas ang mga panaginip ko patungkol kay mom. Also, she always say sorry.