Sacrifice & Shields

The wedding venue is definitely beautiful for something that is expedite to happened. It was fairy-tale like, a wedding that is the dream of every women to have.

Everything was elegant. The flower choice and arrangements are well-made. The backdrop and the decorations are well- complimented. Surely, it was best for the so called "best couple" to be united this day.

My cousin, Lythia and his Xether.

They are destined to be with. Their existence match impeccably. Xether seems snob but he was soft, and Lythia is patient and kind. Their character fits and balance each other.

Bagay sila.

I bit the insides of my lips as my eyes started to water for the ninth time. It seems that my eyes have an tear ducts that are not getting hollow even I cried all night.

I heave a deep breath to calm me down and stopped the tears intending to fall. The man who was having my hand cross over his, hold the top of my hand and squeeze it enough. He smiled at me.

I looked to the eyes of that man-- Hesper. I smiled back as a reply.

I should be happy right now because the man I used to loved is here beside me. But fate is so hard to understand.

Why this heart beats suddenly to other? To someone that I can't be with and will never? Why do I need to fell in love to someone that will just brought me pain?

This stupid heart of mine chose him-- the man that my cousin will marry...today. At napakasakit masaksihan iyon ngayon.

"Cheer up, Chantea. Head up high", Hesper whispered softly in my ears. I nodded at him.

Hesper looked at his watch. His eyebrows curled as he saw the time. "What's the problem? You have some meeting?", I asked him.

He shook his head. "It is not about me. It past the wedding time but no signs of Xether and Lythia."

My eyes went wide in surprise. "W--why?", I absentmindedly asked him even I know he doesn't have the answer. Nasambit ko lang iyon sa kawalan nang pwedeng ireaksyon.

Hesper seems problematic. "What are they planning? It will backfire to them", he spoke  in a worried tone.

I put my hand on his shoulders and gently tap it. Even with our problem, him being a friend to both Lythia and Xether, still remained. "It will be okay", pagpapakalma ko sa kanya kahit ang utak ko ay nagsisimula na namang lumipad.

Are they both backing out? Is the wedding will be postponed?

I shake my head abruptly to the sudden feeling creeps onto mine. I shouldn't be happy and feel relieved. I shouldn't be swayed. As Hesper said, it might be a problem after.

I looked over to the other people who with us, waiting for the bride and groom. They are getting confused now as based to their expressions and statement, why they are not coming.

"Bakit wala pa?"

"Its been 1 hour passed the call time!"

"Matagal pa ba? Umiiyak na ang mga bata!"

"Hindi ba sisipot?"

Ilan lang sa mga reklamo at katanungan na naririnig kong sambit ng ilan. Inikot ko ang aking paningin sa paligid hanggang sa nakita ko si Tita Trisha na balisa at halatadong inis base sa kanyang mukha.

She seems starting to lose her poise and grace while talking to the man in the white polo, standing straight while looking on the ground.

May nangyari ba?