Forgive Me

The sky is gloomy.

Everything seemingly dull and lifeless with my eyes. They don't have any colors. They are just black and white.

The feeling of having lost someone you love is such a dreadful feeling. It is truly painful. Kala ko masakit na iyong pagkakalayo namin, pero patikim lang pala iyon. This stabbing, painfully dripping blood of pain comes within me now that I am now here, sending her to a place that I can't get close to her for the rest of my life.

Sending her to the last destination that she can go to in the world, and it is its own grave.

My mom is now gone and I can't.

I dropped my knees as I cry beside her grave. "Mom", I called her name thinking that it is not all true.

Ever since we part that night on the forest. Deep within me, I always hope that we will meet up again...but not this way. She is lifeless and covered with dirt.

Her body, I cannot give him a proper burial. Wala akong nagawa para ibigay yung bagay na nararapat sa kanya. Hindi ko naiba ang persepsyon ng mga tao at ngayon nandito kami sa gitna ng gubat kung saan nakita ang kanyang katawan.

The ambulance and the medics surrender to the people. They left my mom to the ground back like something that have no worth.

I sobbed to loosen my chest that tighten.

We, I together with Grandma and Grandpa makes my mom a grave with the soil. It look like a small mountain.

Grandma hugged me. She brushes my arms gently. I look at her in crying eyes, "Did we do something wrong for us to experience this cruelty?"

She worriedly gazed over me and smiled. "I am sorry that you experience how harsh the society is, Apo."

And she hugged me tight for the second time.

"Let's go home now, Chantea", Grandpa spoke. "Pawang nagbabalak nang bumagsak ang ulan."

Grandma looked at me and I nodded. She wipe my tears and help me stand up together with Grandpa.

I looked back to the grave of mom. I love you, mom.

At nagsimula na kaming maglakad pauwi. Hindi pa kami nakakalayo, may nakita akong paparating na bulto ng isang lalaki. My heart skip a beat. Is it Xether? Is he coming back now?

But my expectation fell hard when I got to know who is that shadow coming.

"Hesper", I called his name nonchalantly.
He was catching his breath. His shirt are wet because of sweat, probably he ran over here as quick as possible.

Pero bakit siya magpapakita sa akin?

Our last meeting did not end with a good term. He also judged my mom's identity. He don't even trust my words. Why did he have the guts to show his face in front of me now?

Grandpa dropped my hand and went near to Hesper. I thought he might lend his hand to him because they are close enough but I didn't expect what Grandpa will do.

I gasped. "Santio!", pagpigil ni Grandma sa mga braso ni Grandpa. He just let out a strong punch towards Hesper making the latter fell on the ground.

"Sabi mo iingatan mo si Chantea, ha?! Pero anong ginawa mo?! You hurt my, apo!", gigil na ani ni Grandpa habang tinuturo-turo si Hesper.

"Tama na, Santio! Tama na!", ulit na pigil ni Grandma.

I looked to Hesper. He was looking at the ground, touching his bruised lips. Maybe he felt that I was looking at her, and so he looked at me, giving back to the stares I've done.