Weeping Willow

I survived.

I'd slowly open my eyes. Sa simula, nasilaw ako sa liwanag na nakita sa unang pagbukas ng mata kaya dali-dali kong ipinikit.

I do the act again. Slowly. Until the blurry vision turns clear. I am faced with a bright white ceiling on top of me.

I breathe in and out and I winced as I've felt a pain on my chest. Actually, it is bearable enough now compare to what I felt when I got down.

Wait--

I check my surroundings, moving my head left & right. Walang senyales na may kasama  ako ngayon but looking to the bunch of tulip on a vase at the top of a cabinet at my side and a basket of fruits and a small plate placed to the far table, there is a person that stayed with me.

Who would it be?, I asked myself.

Isinawalang bahala ko ang tanong na iyon at   inakay ang sarili paupo. My back is aching.

Gaano katagal ako nakahiga?

Naging mahirap ang pagtangka kong pag upo. My chest pained on the process of making myself sit yet, I'd successfully done it.

I puffed a breath as I fixed the blanket on my lap. I gazed on my right hand that been connected to a dextrose.

I am in a hospital and I survived. Thank God I wake up.

A bright ray light of the sun shone over me from the window gaining my attention. I gazed over the window where it came from.

The outside gave a view on the garden of the hospital. They are so beautiful. The flowers are colorful. The trees swaying softly with the breeze and the blue, clear sky make it more picturesque.

There are no people there but it still felt alive because of butterflies flying, going to one flower to another.

What a gift for me.

I heave a deep sigh gaining a wince on mine after minutes delving to the good view. Because of that pain that seemingly wanted to put my mind on that day where I got that, my mind remember the confrontation in a glimpse.

That moment is a wild one. It was indeed emotional and nerve- wracking.

It was eventful. It was a sorrowful day.

It is just a brief part of the day but it took up all the memories I had on that time. All I just remember is my cries, the pain, the truth behind everything.

I closed my eyes and heave a sigh.

Ni hindi ko lubos maisip ang lahat na nagawa ni Tita Trisha just because of her desire to have power-- to gain attention.

I can't even think how she can do all of it not minding every people that would be affected with her action. Hindi ko maintindihan bakit nakaya niyang makasakit kahit mismo ang anak niya. She even pulled the gun at me. Her only niece.

But above all of that, I'd never think na kaya niyang ipapatay kahit ang kanyang sariling kapatid.

My mom.

All those time, wala pala siyang kasalanan. And I am sorry that I thought and believe that she totally can give out curse to people.

Ni hindi ko man lang naisip, how kind my mom is.

How loveable and thoughtful she is.

How she always ready to risks what she has for the sake of her beloved ones.

A sob escaped on my lips.

"I am so sorry, mom", I whispered into the thin air wishing she will heard those words while letting those painful tears trickled onto my cheeks.