Heather

I spun around at my place, showing the dress I wear. It was rented by Grandma at the small boutique two stores away from the flower shop.

I reached my hand and observed my dress with a touch and feeling. The pink dress, as what Grandma said, extended down to my knees and shows my shoulders bare at the top. There is a clothing that lays off within the shoulders up to the top of my chest. There are beads also scattered on the belly's part. It was aligned like a belt. Overall, I think it was simple and beautiful. It was comfortable to wear too.

"How do I look?", tanong ko ni Grandma pagkatapos umikot para ipakita ang kabuuan ng dress.

I wait for an answer but I welcome with a deafening silence. I curled my eyebrows out of confusion. "Grandma?" I called. Lumabas ba si Grandma habang nagbibihis ako?

Me and my Grandma are in my room. She finds dresses for me to fit among her choices. As she learns I will join the engagement party that we'll had flowers arranged, she takes it seriously that it is my fifth time trying a dress this time.

I pouted my lips and tried to find my way to sit on my bed, after clarifying that Grandma is not in my room anymore.

I sat and sighed. Truthfully, I don't want to go on the party. Kung ako papipilin, mas gugustuhin ko pang matulog nalang ngayon. Also, I thought it might be too awkward for me to join the party as it seems too extravagant. No. It is totally extravagant assuming that the engagement deals with a prince.

I drop my body on the bed. Even I don't want, I cannot denied Lythia's sincere invitation to her engagement party. After the introduction, Lythia asks both Hesper and I to go inside their house to have a warm tea with her, but Hesper quickly denied and reasoned out that I was tired doing the flower and design arrangements for the party.

I felt Lythia was dissappointed with what Hesper said. Yet, after a little moment she lively says her gratefulness for our hardwork and just invite us to go in the engagement party tonight rather.

Hesper seems hesitated as he knows I am not yet comfortable with so much people but I voiced out that "We will go."

I puffed my cheeks out of frustations remembering that moment. I just felt that Lythia was hopeful for us to agreed on her invite and without thinking, I just blurted out those words. Hesper was surprised with what I said, but he just remained silent and lay his hand on my back. Sign that he was agreeing with my decision.

I heard a slight knock on the door, "Can I come in?", it was Hesper. Dali- dali akong tumayo at inayos ang nagulong buhok at pinadaan ng kamay ang damit. I stand up straight and tuck my hair behind my ear.

I cleared my throat, "Yes, it was open", saad ko. I heard a turn of a knob, "It was not, pink-eyed girl. Are you pranking me?", tanong ni Hesper.

"It was not?", I asked to make sure and Hesper laughed. "Wait!", I informed him as I find my way through the door.

As I've turn the knob to open it, someone hurriedly go in and close the door. Because of the impact, I step back and move away. I blinked my eyes out of being startled awhile ago.

I heard someone panting. It was not Hesper rather I smell some sweet perfume. The person was a girl. "Who are you?", I asked curiously.

Just before the person answer me, I heard the open and close of the door again. "Aba apo! Bagay na bagay sayo ang dress na ito", Grandma held my arms and turn me around for her checking. She was quite into fashion lately and she find an opportunity to make me her doll because of the party.

"Bakit nawala ka kanina Grandma?", I asked her, feeling worried.

Hinila niya ako sa isang upuan at pinaupo, "Aba'y hindi naman pupwede na hindi ka maayusan ngayon at tanging dress lang ang ibibida mo sa party. You need some little magic, Apo. At sinundo ko itong si Brenda para gawin iyon."