Epilogue

I f**kin' hate life.

Everything sucks, starting with my social status down to my cursed eyes.

I am tired.

So freaking tired by isolating myself.

Even the cure of my curse, is to be love truly by anyone and met their sincere eyes, I can't do that if people is afraid on me or wanted to took advantage of my status.

Because of that I restrained myself.

Restraining my desire to see everything even I can, because of fear.

Fear of being a monster, by having this burdening curse that I wanted to be cured.

Fear of being a dissappointment to my citizen knowing my intented disability.

Fear to be lied by those greedy people who wanted to take advantage of me.

And,

Fear of losing people that I cherished by simply meeting their eyes.

This fear locked me up in a cage that I continuously tried to break of all my years of existence. And as usual, I always left on my knees on the ground in the end.

To recoup myself after a long day of trying hard fighting my own demons, I never mean to do something to relieve myself.

I made a habit. An act of escape of mine to the harsh, nosy society I am.

I sighed as I loosen the tie of my blindfold. I opened my eyes and let myself be welcome by the silent darkness of the forest.

It was another tiring day of faking myself.

Every now and then, I'd always give time to visit the forest at night much more if I want to relieve stress.

On this time, I can freely took off my blindfold, look at the surrounding in joy, and comfortably open my eyes as it could.

It is my comfort zone. My safe haven. My golden time.

But this night is different that I am used with.

Minutes of walking, I heard a faint noise. Also, I saw a flickering light from far away. There were many of them that seems like fireflies shown in the middle of that night, and because of that, it felt odd.

I've got a bad feeling about this.

So I take one step back and tend to turn around, like I'd usually should. Yet, I stopped midway and ran near the light.

My act of responsibility driven out more than my mind.

_________

I'd save this girl.

I save the girl that I don't know. The girl probably been chased off by those lights-- by those people.

I heard their shouts. I heard them calling out this girl a "child of a witch"-- those people that I truly abhored.

Their kind is the one who casted this curse on me. The curse that makes me unable to look at other's eyes. A kind that make me a monster to the others. A destruction, a human curse, nothing more or less.

But why did I save this girl even their is possibility of her being associated to those witches? Why can't I stop myself when I saw her rolling down and whisper her pleas?

Why I hide her away from those people who ran after her? And why did I even tend to her wounds?

I sighed and gazed to the girl.

"It just one time. I would not let myself near her again", I spoke as I took my cape and cover her to give warmth.

And I walked away keeping on my mind what I said.