Chapter 32 For Kallen

<Vienna Warehouse>

Roxanne responded to the call for help. Against the wishes of her fellow Valkyries and her friends she immediately took up arms to confront the beast that presumably fell from the sky. She still had bruises from her fight with the Holy Maiden and bruises from chains. But it was her duty to protect the people, something she was adamant about. But she hadn't expected the appalling scene before her innocents in cages among them a nun and a few Valkyries were running around providing relief and aid for the downtrodden. Not a Honkai beast was in sight, Roxanne dropped her weapon beside many others and rushed to aid the efforts.

'In our city?!'

It was a collective shock and most Valkyries that arrived dropped their weapon or sheathed their weapons to help. Others went to fetch supplies and relief. Roxanne found herself beside a nun with blue eyes and short brown hair, she felt familiar but Roxanne couldn't quite place who the nun was. The nun recognized her though.

"How could this happen?"

The nun was caring for an unconscious old man. She gently unshackled him and checked his vitals.

"I don't know, under the church's watch we stand to stop such a thing."

"The Valkyries, aren't they with the church?"

The nun motioned to an unconscious Valkyrie that she had hidden away and then planted in the scene. Roxanne questioned the presence of the unconscious Valkyrie.

"The church would never condone such an action. Do ye have little faith?"

"I only believe what I see. Who knocked her out?"

Roxanne looked at the crater that spanned for about a block. The answer was clear in her head.

"The Holy Maiden."

"The traitor?!"

"Who else, there's no Honkai beasts here."

The nun then carried the old man away to relief to a nearby warehouse that had been emptied and quickly redesigned to act as a medical ward. Roxanne's emotions and faith in the church waned but weren't the actions of the soldiers, the Valkyries indicative that the church was right? Roxanne continued to assist the innocent.

Hours later all the victims had been accommodated. The Holy Maiden was temporarily erased from the minds of the city as the citizens of Vienna were shocked by the dirty handlings in their beloved city. Kallen patted her hands clean, justice had been delivered, the people were saved and that was all that mattered. It soothed her soul, the response of the soldiers and Valkyries was exactly what she wanted to see. She wanted to stay longer but the innocent were fine, in good hands, she had already spent most of the night helping them. Now her thoughts moved to Otto.

'I sidetracked a bit but Otto's fine right? I'm sure he's fine.'

<Otto's Room>

Otto had spent the entire day pondering his choices. He tried to formulate a plan of escape but he had come to the conclusion that escape would be next to impossible. What did he have at his disposal to fight against the Valkyries? His contraptions? All taken away. His mimicry? Useless against a wave of Valkyries, assuming he could even hit them before they closed the distance. He was weak, starved of food and water. Even if by some miracle he managed to escape, how was he going to save Kallen? He could guess which cathedral they held her in. But how would he even get her out? His family name was useless because it was his father who condemned her as a traitor. There were legions of guards and Valkyries that protected the church. There was no way Otto could fight them all or sneak past them. This wasn't a situation he could solve with wits alone.