Chapter 68 Convalesce

It wasn't until early afternoon when Kallen woke up. She found herself groggy and hungover but tightly in the embrace of a snug scent. It was beyond comfort and all Kallen wanted to do was stay in bed. She nudged her head closer to Otto's chest causing him to stir. His arms were wrapped around her but his body trembled ever so slightly. She had not been gentle and he hadn't been ready for the ordeal.

Otto's eyes peaked through their shutters, he saw nothing but silky white hair for a few minutes. As he came to, he began to register the aftertaste of love-making and the precious view before his eyes. Her eyelashes flickered against his scarred chest, it tickled slightly and the rest of her body was completely bare. To say Kallen was well endowed would be an understatement and the same could be said about Otto.

Kallen sensed his stirring and after a bit of clarity she started to pull away but Otto pulled her back in.

"Otto. I'm sorry." Kallen whispered. She remembered their wild night, she remembered forcing herself on him, and his protest. Their first time felt euphoric at the time but for Otto, it must have been uncomfortable. Though she was drunk it didn't change the fact that she coerced him into their session. It didn't change the fact that she raped him. She shouldn't take advantage of him like that.

"Don't be. I had a good time." Otto replied equally as soft. But Kallen could sense his trembling fingers. At the very least Kallen should have taken it slow. Otto's body remembered the forceful trauma the Eleventh had given him in Vienna.

"It doesn't excuse what I did."

Silence ensued, Otto wanted to make a witty comeback, something to lighten the mood but he couldn't. Kallen's morals were nothing to joke about and she exposed her deepest fears to him last night. He would never laugh at her vulnerability.

Kallen started to pick at the old scars on Otto's chest. They were so numerous that Otto seemed to have lost the capability to grow body hair. There were gashes here and there but most of the scars were blunt, like craters against the skin.

"You scars they're so numerous."

Kallen could feel Otto's body tense up. The muscle he had built and defined as a side effect of the journey hardened and softened periodically. His heart was nervous, she could smell his hesitation, his fear. Maybe she shouldn't deal with his trauma right now. She tried on multiple occasions but Otto always dodged the subject.

"I know your brother gave you some but what about the rest? Some are from our journey together. This one is from me." Kallen said as she traced the line on his shoulder. "These ones are from that monster. But the others are just..."

"Can I tell you in due time?" Otto asked, his voice trembling and betraying the vulnerability he tried to hide.

"Yes, you'll tell me of course. When I find out who did this to you I'll punish them." Kallen said resolutely. It wasn't just about getting justice for Otto, it was about getting revenge on those who dared to harm him.

"Our child how do we raise them?"

"We don't have to worry about that," Kallen said. "It was a safe day."

Another issue was postponed and skipped but getting pregnant wasn't so easily done. It was likely that they didn't make a baby, but they could never be sure. The minutes passed until they finally got dressed. Kallen had skipped her morning duty but it was fine. The village was surely safe. She assembled her glaive and attach the pouch holding the cube to her waist. She prepared to leave still hungover and guilty.

"Stay safe-"

A load explosion rippled through the town and Kallen could feel a sudden outburst of Honkai energy. A symphony of terror reverberated throughout the entire village. Dust flew ten stories high, judging from the power, it was an Emperor Class Honkai beast that had just crashed right into the center of town.