Chapter 65 Weakness

<Lanshau>

"East, West relations are as terrible as they are. Don't make them worse."

Glory Schariac had just wasted the afternoon scouring the city for any trace of her daughter's killers. But they weren't Honkai beasts. They didn't leave behind huge tracks or traces of ambient energy. They were human just like everyone else in the jubilant city.

"Rest assured duchess we will cause no such ruckus."

The tall plain nun made a light bow before standing straight up once more. Apathetic and ruthless were the words that best described the Third. She was expressionless as always, like a doll or a mannequin.

"I can ping them in about an hour."

The three Valkyries rested under the shade of slanted alley rooftops. They didn't want to alert their prey by meeting in the open. One foreigner was a wanderer, two foreigners were companions, and three foreigners were a straggle of schemers.

"Sniff them out instead."

"With all due respect duchess. I'm no hound."

The Huntress took a small delicate bite out of her loaf of bread to prove her point. She may be a deadly combatant but she was most certainly not a dog. She had her own pride and lines that shouldn't be crossed unlike her superior.

"Can you find them?"

The Third's calm voice carried a tone of respect but it sent shivers down the Huntress's spine. Skin cracked as she shifted her brow. The injuries Otto indirectly caused, made her value plummet. With a half-burnt face, she could never disguise herself anymore. Not only that but her sense of smell had diminished significantly. She could barely hold her title of Huntress anymore.

During the past month, she even let her hair grow out. Red auburn hair, that was thick and stiff now reached her chin. After this mission, she was hoping to rest and recover her face. But she doubted that it could happen. Burning victims often had their scars for a lifetime. No doctor in the world could treat her.

She could only hope that after she served her purpose she would be able to live comfortably among the ants. She was part of the Overseer's outer circle. As long as she was useful, her benefits were guaranteed.

"I don't have any of their possessions. It's impossible to sniff them out in such a crowded city."

The Huntress, Ida, watched as her superiors both went into pensive states. She could barely squeeze out a tense breath as the air turned solid. They were playing chess right before her eyes. Glory was at full strength, the Third had recovered most of hers, while Ida recovered only a half of hers.

"Do you have something with their scent?"

"Duchess, how could I?"

Another brief stare-down ensued. Glory was easier to read, she had a proper scowl on her face. While the Third fought only with her dark piercing eyes. They were waiting for the other to make a move.

"You don't have such an item." Glory said, stiffly.

Her words conceded the bout to the Third but her actions ran contrary to the text. She reached into her sack to pull out Kallen's revolver. It was dirty, covered with blood and dust. Her eyes turned towards Ida but she focused her other senses on the Third who gave nothing away.

"This should suffice. Find them Hound."

She stretched out the revolver like a bone and prompted Ida to come and sniff its handle. But Ida didn't need to. The stench was terrible enough and Glory wasn't stupid enough to hand over the weapon to a Valkyrie that was loyal to the Overseer.