Chapter 33 - Love

"Mama, when will papa be back?", A-Yuan asked and brought the fox back out of his stupor. His thumb was still in his mouth and muffled his words. They were already sluggish in his tiredness.

Even though the little dragon slept much in the last days, his inner clock was already telling him to rest within the darkness of the night.

As an answer, the fox stroked some hair out of the boy's face.

"He will be back after we take a bath and you'll get your steamed buns. So, let's bath quickly, hm?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello and a beautiful Saturday towards everyone! :D

I wanted to make the notes at the beginning, because I want to give the info that Wangxian will get a little steamy at the end of the chapter, for everyone who doesn't like that and is purely here for the story. It's still no full-blown smut, but it is halfway there.

This chapter is almost a little self-indulgent, with much, much fluff for the little family! It was fun to write the chapter and bring this warmth into the story. :)

The next chapters will be a little more tense, the conflict of Cloud Recesses more in the foreground.

Thank you for all your lovely feedback! <3

****************

The Jinghsi was truly a lovely little home.

That is what Wei Ying thought when Lan Zhan brought them to the house he called his own.

Lan Xichen was quick to dismiss them after little A-Yuan had continued to jell at him. It must have been a truly disrespectful picture towards every other Lan that had been walking past the office. Not even Lan Zhan's reprimanding words had stopped the child from blowing his anger and so they found it best to seek their calm for the night.

Faced with such anger from only a child, Lan Xichen had collapsed into the chair when they made their way to the door. Clearly, he had much to think about for the night.

The little dragon child had been on edge for some minutes after they exited the office, but was soon distracted by the weird surroundings of Cloud Recesses he had never seen before. Especially the countless disciples around them, which had the same white clothing and the same headband like Lan Zhan.

"Mama! Mama, they look like papa!"

Even the most reserved of the Lan had looked at them with almost horrified eyes as the dragon child had pointed at each and every one of them, only to say things like "they don't smile, are they sad?" or "they look so angry. I won't allow them to hurt you, mama!"

At every word, the fox needed to compose himself to not laugh out loud and instantly break at least 10 rules from the wall of 4000. Even Wen Ning looked away pointedly, red colour spreading across his face and mouth closed to hold in any chuckles from all the looks they were getting.

The only one that seemed to be smitten and disappointed at the same time was Lan Zhan. Every time the child had begun to speak such nonsense, he had thrown a reprimanding gaze at the little boy, but did not say anything and carried on.

Truly, it made Wei Ying grin even more.

Not even one day here and the little rascal was doing his own past, younger self the honour of breaking countless rules. What a good day it was indeed!

Wen Ning left them in one of the hallways. A disciple had come by and taken him to the room he would inhabit for the time being. The display was very respectful and the young man even bowed to the person with such strange robes of a long time passed. Nobody of them knew if the boy really knew who Wen Ning was or if he simply didn't care.