Chapter 46 - Against

"Tigers are hunted by humans for their fur, are they not?", he said with a chilling tone in his voice. Sandu was raised even higher in advance, "And from the interesting information I gathered here, it would be bad to leave you alive. So shall we see if that's true?"

******************************

A cold shudder ran down Wei Ying's spine and even though his arm felt like it was on fire, he whirled around in one motion. Trying to get as much distance as possible, he jumped back and landed on his knees with a hiss. Every heartbeat was felt in his arm and Wei Ying could swear that from the look on the others face, it was exactly his doing.

Xue Yang was not behind him anymore. But he could still feel that damp breath on his neck. Could hear that laugh in his ears.

>Mother! <

There was a cry in his head. It was a fearful whimper of the little dragon child in his arms who was clinging onto him for dear life and looked at him with huge, silver eyes. Even without an expression such as this, he wouldn't let him go, not an inch.

"Hold on tight, A-Yuan", the fox spoke through clenched teeth. The curse was still burning up in his arm, spreading a little up his shoulder. Maybe that was better than having it on his thigh, now that it had moved. At least he had the ability to walk if needed.

"Uncle", Jin Ling said with a concerned look on his face, his hand on the handle of Suihua. It was trembling slightly in his grip and the tassel on the end swung left and right. It was hard to follow the five tailed fox in the mist of the rain, but he surely would have a difficult time regardless.

"Stay behind me", said Jiang Cheng, Zidian and Sandu within his hands. From the motions of his head, it seemed like he tried to track Xue Yang through the rain. However, he did not have a nose as good as Wei Ying, who war currently still writhing on the wood in pain.

"Yes, stay behind him", Xue Yang's voice rang around them and Zidian tried to follow its path, only to hit the edge of the wooden pier. His hand quickly snatched Zidian back before it could hit the water, a grimace on his face, "And careful of the water."

"Fuck off!", the clan leader hissed as his eyes glowed in a purple light.

Some of his tiger features started to slip through his composure, such as the bright purple glow in his eyes or the sharp teeth that were begging to rip flesh.

Wen Ning was quickly standing protectively next to Wei Ying, one of his fiery wings surrounding him like a blanket. At least he was a little safe of the rain, but it instead hissed and evaporated when it met the phoenix fire on his wing.

"What a cruel cat you are", Xue Yang snickered and another shudder travelled down Wei Ying's spine. A sudden smell hit his nose and he quickly turned to the phoenix.

"Behind you!"

Instantly, some burning feathers slipped out of Wen Ning's wing and shot towards the form of the other fox. They slipped just past his black robes and scorched them at his hip, sliding a cut into the material there. Just next to the little pouch, which stood out in grey from those black robes.

Apparently, that was the wrong thing to do.

"You!", the other fox hissed in a sudden outburst and within the stream of rain, a sharp blade was reflected by the phoenix fire.

Wen Ning was following it with his eyes the second it glimmered, but he was slow to turn around to catch it. It would be difficult as well without a sword on his own. Only his sharp claws could help him here, but it would be risky to truly transform in Lotus Pier, if he wanted to be surrounded by countless Jiang soldiers. Coming right into the same situation Wei Ying had been, back when he fought the fox.