Chapter 72

Barely days after Murphy and Ethan's disappearance - Clarke, Raven and Bellamy remain struggling to disable the acid fog. It was the only way to free the prisoners in Mount Weather.

Bellamy was stuck inside, parading around as one of their soldiers to get information. He didn't know about Ethan.

Clarke did. And she didn't take it very well.

After everything they went through, Ethan left her to do this by herself? No warning, and a note saying that he couldn't handle the way she was doing things?

How was Clarke supposed to feel about that?

Abby tried to explain that she didn't think it was Ethan's plan, but Lorelai's instead. Monroe quickly agreed. It didn't sound like Ethan.

And Clarke wanted to believe that. But she was hurt

There was too much going on to focus on the possibility.

First communication with Bellamy inside the mountain went off without a hitch.

Second communication included a warning. Mount Weather was sending a nuke straight for TondC, where the congregation of each and every clan leader were settled. Including Octavia and Indra. Kane, Abby, and Lexa.

Clarke needed to warn them. She was the only one keeping the alliance together.

"And Ethan? I haven't heard his voice, where is he?" Bellamy's curiosity was heard clearly.

Clarke looked over at Raven, mouth open but speechless, before she pressed the button down, licked her lips and said, "He left," Her jaw was tight, teeth gritted. "With Jaha to the City of Light."

"What?" Bellamy barked, holding the walkie-talkie tight, brows furrowed, "No, he wouldn't leave. Especially if it was with Jaha."

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Clarke swallowed, eyes hard. "Focus on the mission, we can figure it out after our people are out of Mount Weather."

Despite the multiple questions weighing down on Bellamy's mind, something twisting in his gut with the news of Ethan's departure, he sighed, "Okay."

And they continued with their plan.

Months later, and Ethan still wasn't back.

Day Twenty-Six in the Bunker.

"How are you up right now?" Murphy stumbles out from the bedroom, wincing in time with the pounding of his head. He moves for some water.

Ethan ignores him, the tip of his tongue poking out between his lips in his focus.

The wine was to make them feel better - Murphy's choice, after the long night they shared - but Ethan wasn't fond of waking up with his stomach churning and head pounding.

Hence why Murphy cradled a bottle, more inclined to forget than have fun. And Ethan delicately carried around his funny-shaped goblet.

Murphy sips at his water and lifts a brow, walking over. "What's this?"

Three threaded bracelets sit on the table near Ethan's elbows, already completed - they look familiar, almost like the ones Murphy wore before the Ark cuffed him time and time again, inadvertently loosening the fabric. They fell off, never to be found again.