Chapter 57

"Welcome to Camp Asshole," Ethan gestures lazily towards the top of the Ark, peeking gloriously over the hill. He digs his hands back into his pockets and nods at Kane when they reach the entrance, gates opening to let Trikru through.

"Monin," Kane greets them.

Indra tilts her head. 

"I thought we'd start with a  reception. Then move on to training. We have a lot to learn from each other."

She continues with her sudden vow of silence - Ethan had dealt with the quiet his whole trip, being back with the chatter calms him.

He glances sneakily around camp and sees his mother hanging near the tents, too scared to move any closer. She'd said something the other day about packing, and he hasn't seen her much since then, only wonders what she could possibly be getting ready for.

Harley and Michael are guarding the entrance to the station, the latter clutching tightly at his gun. 

Finally, Ethan's eyes land on Murphy. He waves until the glare settles into a calmer stare.

"Weapons here." Kane gestures to the box at their feet. "Only our guards are armed."

Indra drops her sword. Keeps intense eye contact.

Watching Kane lead the grounders inside, Ethan jogs towards Murphy. "Hey," He breathes out, "How's it going?"

"I don't trust them as far as I can throw them." Murphy grits out, tense in the shoulders.

After what they did to him, I can't say I'm surprised.

Ethan reassures, "They break the alliance, they face the consequences. I saw it in person. It's not pleasant. They'd be stupid to try it again. You coming?" He nods his head towards the entrance.

Murphy looks at him. When Ethan meets his gaze and lifts a brow, he sighs.

Then, "Yeah." He nods slowly, "Okay."

They wish it's Monty's moonshine in the cup that Murphy's holding, but sadly, it's just water. He leans against the wall, taking the sight in as Kane enters, Jaha by his side. Ethan swings one foot back and forth from the wall to the floor, nervous. Even Monroe stands beside them. Three delinquents huddled together.

The chatter is low, quiet enough that they both hear, "Ey, Mikael."

Ethan looks up, so does Murphy, expecting Michael the Skybox Guard. It's not. It's one of the grounder's, sporting the same name. He's looking at Murphy, recognition sparking in his eyes - It hits the two boys, they must remember him from the village massacre.

Murphy pointedly drops his eyes, staring at his cup.

Quietly, Ethan keeps his gaze on Mikael.

It's always the Michael's.

He tries to nod at them to show his respect, but they twist their lips up in disgust. Ethan drops the faux act of kindness.

"All right. Quiet down." Kane stands in the centre of the room, hands on his hips, "I know we don't have a lot in common. But we do have a common enemy and a common goal. And for us to reach it, to get our people out of Mount Weather. . . We need to work together." He looks directly at Indra.

"Ogeda." Kane continues, "Skaikru, and Trikru."

Ethan sees Grounder-Mikael slinking across the room towards them. He clears his throat and mutters to Murphy, "Here we go."

Lifting his head, "You got a problem?" Murphy asks, lips quirking in a conceited smile.

Mikael says something to him, in a deep and heavy voice. Neither of the boys understands what it means in English. Ethan glances around for Lincoln - but swiftly remembers that he's gone with Bellamy. It sours his mood.