Chapter 100

Ethan didn't give a shit what a corrupt guard did to help Raven steal for a living. He very well deserved what he got. He trusts Murphy in saying that.

It took Harley exiting the store and crouching in front of him, for Ethan to acknowledge the state of dissociation he'd slipped into.

He gets informed that Bellamy's involvement in the massacre was exploited. That ALIE now knows where they are, and Octavia and Monty are back with the electromagnet in hand. 

The stoic man takes Ethan's head in his calloused hands and gives it an abrupt rattle, making him uncomfortably dizzy, but confused enough to gradually focus on his surroundings. 

Harley gets thrown an offended look the moment Ethan processes his actions. But still, he follows him inside and doesn't say a word.

"All we have to do is connect her and activate it." Taking a glance at their bewildered expressions, Sinclair quickly explains the process. "Just hold her arm still." 

The problem stems more from Raven's struggle, desperately trying to get out of her binds, than the puzzle that was fixing wires between pieces. Slamming her head against the backboard makes matters worse.

"Raven, stop. Raven! She's trying to kill herself." Clarke breathes out, eyes wide.

Ethan jerks forward and puts his hand behind her head, finding it a bad idea the second his knuckles are crushed between the two. Now that's a wake-up call.

"ALIE knows it's going to work, that's why." He grunts, letting Octavia take over, but this time pressing Raven's head into the board so she can't get momentum.

"Stop it!" Clarke yells, at the end of the bed with the chip lifted in her hands. "Stop, and I'll give you this."

Raven goes still.

Sinclair takes advantage of the distraction and clamps the band around her wrist.

"No. You lied! You lied!" Her expressions twist into despair, something more like Raven, and she begs. "No, please don't. The EMP will give me brain damage." Her eyes dart to Sinclair, wide and wet. "You know it will. Please don't do this."

Sinclair hesitates for only a second. His hands start up again, looping wires through the metal.

"Don't listen to her," Clarke nods at him.

"Please, Sinclair, stop! Sinclair, no!"

Sinclair ignores her this time, and tells the others, "We've only got one shot at this! The EMP will fry the wristband, too."

"Do it." Bellamy nods, holding Raven's shoulders down.

Monty plugs the last cord in, "Got it." 

"Go!"