Chapter 17- Untouchable

Elio POV

"WE AINT GOING NOWHERE! GET THAT SECOND TROPHY CASE READY!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, my breath being visible in front of me in the cold night sky as we put down Goldenrod in a rematch of last year's semifinals. What's our record now? 15-0. Yes. You read that right. FIFTEEN. AND. OH. I hugged Brendan, he set me up with an easier situation to win the 1v1 and get us the game 6-5. I looked at the board that showed our whole schedule so far

Vs. Isle of Armor W 6-0
At Mossdeep Tech W 6-2
Vs Cinnabar W 6-4
Vs Castellia University W 6-4
At Malie City W 6-3
At Jubilife University W 6-5
At Hammerlocke W 6-4
V

s Canalave W 6-1
Vs Hearthome W 6-5
At Blackthorn of Johto W 6-5
Vs Undella Tech W 6-0
Vs Sunyshore Tech W 6-3
At Evergrande University W 6-2
Vs Coumarine Tech W 6-1
Vs Goldenrod University W 6-5

Brendan and I separated and pushed each other to keep hyping up each other and the crowd. I looked up in the crowd to find Lillie, but she wasnt there. Huh. I could've sworn I saw her earlier. I scratched my head and ran over to Dawn, who scored 3 of our points today. I high fived her and yelled, "Great work today Dawn! Way to step up in the big moments!" Dawn giggled, "Thank you! Hey, where did all our friends go? I can't find them anywhere. Lucas, Lillie, Serena, Kris... They all left." I scratched my head, "I did notice, I wonder what they're doing. Honestly don't blame them, it's probably like 11 PM right now. They probably want a head start on their weekend sleep." Dawn thought about saying something to me, smiled maliciously, then started, "Still, wouldn't be like Lillie, to leave without being draped on you. Goodness Elio, it's like you can't do a thing without her." I chuckled, "Alright that's it I'm benching you." We both chuckled as we walked back in to the locker room.

I got there and considered getting a shower, but decided since it was a home game I could just walk home and get one then. I put my hands in my pockets and walked lesiurely out the exit of the stadium. Immediately I was hit in the back of the head with a snowball. I turned around to look for my aggressor and felt a tight hug immediately from that direction, I could only see half of him, but I would recognize that freakishly tall (relative to me I guess I'm not that tall) guy any day. I smiled and tightened the hug, "Calem!" He chuckled, "It's been too long Elio." We broke from the hug and laughed, I smiled, "Wow. So were you in the crowd watching the game?" He nodded, "I was. I landed here about an hour ago, I watched you and Brendan make that beautiful set up to win it. Just as I expect from you two. You'll win the tiltle again this year, no doubt." I smiled, "Means a lot coming from El Capitan himself.... Hey did you link up with Serena yet?" He shook his head, "No, just Lucas, Kris, and-" I turned him around and shoved him, "OK. You're coming with me." I continued to push him forward while Lillie and the rest of the group laughed gleefully as we made our way to their apartment.

Calem POV

I turned back to Elio as we got back, "You didn't have to push me all the way like that..." Elio slapped my shoulder, "Well you weren't moving yourself were you? Now go open the door." I took a deep breath and knocked, I heard a familiar, "One second!" Coming from my favorite voice in the world. I waited excitedly before my girlfriend opened the door wearing her pink pajamas. "Oh hey- CALEM!!" She squealed in delight as we hugged very tightly. I laughed as I turned around with her in my arms. I am the happiest I have been in quite a while now. We finally released each other and Serena had the biggest smile on her face. The rest of the group watched on happily. Serena began flustered, "H-...When did you..." I chuckled, "I got here about an hour ago, I wanted to surprise you. I have about the same length for winter break as you do." Serena tilted her head, "I guess I forgot pros get winter break too." I nodded, "Yeah. Most leagues don't, but thankfully we do!" Serena nodded, "Er... Do you want to come in or what?" I pointed back, "Actually I was wondering if you all wanted to go out to eat. I haven't had anything as good as the restaurants here in a long time." Serena nodded happily, "Ok! Let me get dressed and I'll be right out."

We waited for her and she came out in her usual outfit and grabbed my hand as we walked together towards the restaurant. I looked to her as we walked slower behind the rest of the group, which now included Brendan, May, Elio, Lillie, Kris, and Lucas. I asked her quietly, "Hey, I know you've been really sick recently, are you ok?" Serena looked up to me, and made a thinking noise, "Hmm. Yeah I've been getting a lot better. Don't worry about m-" I stopped walking and put my hands on her shoulders, "Serena. I need you to tell me the truth. I know how you think, you don't want to burden me, but please, you can tell me anything, it's more of a burden for me to think you're suffering in silence." Serena looked at me, and I noticed her face start to quiver, tears slowly forming in her eyes. She stopped walking and hugged me, tears soaking in to my shirt. I ran my hand through her hair, I think she's going through a lot. I noticed Elio turn around and notice us, but he winked at me and began to distract the rest of the group to give us some privacy (This was a very easy task for Elio). Serena looked up at me after a little bit and said, "I'll tell you everything tonight... Thank you. I.. it already feels like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders." I nodded, "Glad to hear, now let's grab some food with our friends." She nodded and we walked in right behind the rest of the group.

I really enjoyed the meal. It was the best time I've had in a long, long time. We all laughed and ate together, and it felt like a family reunion, but like one where you like all of your family members. I laughed so much I barely remember a thing we talked about, but it was so good to be back. We walked outside in the chilly air, Elio looked over at me, "Hey, you have a place to stay?" I shrugged, "I was gonna look at some options, a couple hotels here looked nice-" Elio cut me off, "Well how would you like to stay in my and Brendan's place? We have an air mattress I can sleep on if you want." I chuckled, "Would you mind?" Elio laughed, "No I just suggested it for giggles- OF COURSE I wouldn't mind." I smiled, "I'll take you up on that." The corners of Elio's mouth turned upwards in a smile and we clasped hands and shared a hug. Elio pointed to me, "I'll get everything all set up, You-" he checked to see if anyone was listening, then whispered, "- have a few things to fix with Serena." I nodded and patted him on the back, "Right. I'll see you then." Elio nodded, then quickly went back to Lillie. I smiled to myself. I'm home.