- Chapter One -

I was never one for marrying, yet, I'll do anything to piss my older brothers off

I was never one for marrying, yet, I'll do anything to piss my older brothers off. So when I saw Emilia Wilson's little sister, I knew I had to have her. I remember Kian telling me to stay away from Emilia at a party around six years ago, who would have guessed I'd end up marrying her younger sister, Ashley Wilson?

I did, I knew if I were to get married in Vegas, or anyone, in that case, it was to Ashley. She just doesn't know that yet.

Thankfully her friend Faye is easily influenced, so when I saw her in a coffee shop just hours before Ashley would call her, I suggested Vegas. I know how to keep tabs on someone, I know everything about Ashley Wilson, more than anyone else. So I knew there was no way she was going to Italy for the summer to be under the watchful eyes of her older sister, Emilia, and her fiance, Alexander Lewis. It's fascinating how different our worlds are, yet, we are somewhat tied. Emilia Wilson to Alexander Lewis, who happens to be in relation to Andrew Lewis, the head of the Italian Mafia. It's interesting to me how Andrew and Sofia, his daughter, have kept Alexander out of their world, and even more, how Kian kept Emilia out of ours.

My brother would have killed the outsider I married, however, I'm not stupid. I knew Kian would never kill Ashley Wilson because of her relation to his dear, old friend, Emilia Wilson. And everyone believes that among my brothers, I'm the dumb one.

"Where on earth are you?" Kian yells down the phone as I watch Ashley head to the bathroom. "On the jet," I respond with a smile. I never told Kian I was going to Vegas, he would know why otherwise— I'm getting a sense he's experiencing deja vu, because after all— he did kidnap Lizzie and marry her in Vegas, and look how well that ended out. Me and Ashley were meant to be, in a sense. Originally I never planned on staying married forever, yet, the thought of Ashley Wilson with someone else, rattles me, I can't explain it. Ashley Wilson doesn't know the power she truly holds over me, and how much I wish for that to not be the case.

This union was only a way out for me because I knew if I married anyone else Kian would have ordered a kill, and I'd still be forced to marry Elena Capello. I get it, I'm close to Hunter Capello, Elena's older brother, and one of my closest friends, but that doesn't mean, that me and Elena are a match made in heaven. Fuck knows why our father didn't use Blake as a way to create a secure alliance with The West.

"Kai, I swear to God, you're supposed to be getting married in less than six hours," and my mission is complete. When I got told at seventeen I would be getting married in six years' time, I told my father and Kian to go fuck themselves. I would never marry, yet, here I am, on my private jet with a woman I know everything about, who is also now my wife.

"I'll make it," I say into the phone and I could imagine Kian pacing his office while trying to get his men to locate me. He won't admit it, but some part of him is like our father. Kian's protective and he also needs to know everything— the fact I've gone against his order, it's betrayal, it has also made him look weak. It's only because I'm his Consigliere that he won't do anything to me, that, I'm positive of.