- Chapter Thirty-Seven -

I woke up to my arms tightly wrapped around Ashley

After the events of last night, I bought Ashley back to mine. She was too exhausted to argue otherwise and by the time we got back to my apartment complex her eyes were closed— she was fast asleep in my car, her head leaning against the car window as she was deep in sleep.

I watched her in silence for many minutes and my heart felt alive once more. It was then that I realised I would take all her pain and have to live with it, rather than seeing her suffer. And its hurt me to know that I was the one who caused her the pain she's suffering from. But in a second, I would take it from her and live with that pain. If that's love then I love her. Ashley Bliss is my lifeline, she's everything I have ever needed and call me selfish but I am not letting her go again.

When I offered her the divorce it was bullshit, Ashley knew it too. There's no way that I would allow her to leave me, fuck what Ashley wants in this moment, after she lets me explain that it's always been her, she'll realise that we are endgame.

I gave her a week in Blake's to think things through and when she refused to answer any of my calls and texts, I had to go to her. I hadn't slept in a week, the only time I left my apartment was for work, otherwise I sat in our bed waiting for her to pick up the phone. She never did, and it's safe to say that Ashley Bliss is certainly stubborn and that's one of the many reasons why I love her.

I love her brain, the way she thinks— I love her personality, how happy and funny she is. God, I love her eyes along with her smile. I wished to own all her smiles, that's how possessive she makes me. Like, I cannot stand the thought of her smiling to any other guy than myself. I can't erase the guys that came before me but now that I have her, there won't be any guys after me. Over my dead body would I allow her to move on past me, she was suppose to be as obsessed with me as I am with her.

Gently as possible, I got Ashley out of my car and up to our home. We lay in our bed for a couple hours before Ashley twisted in my arms, her head settling onto my chest as she tangled one of her legs over my thigh. I smiled when I glanced down at her, without thinking I pushed away the hair that covered her face. Her freckles are beautiful, she's beautiful in every which way. Ashley blinked awake, her eyes slightly widening as she stared down at our closeness. "I'm sorry," she muttered as she sat up, I too copied her movements as I leaned back to rest against the headboard. "I haven't slept the best," she admitted with a yawn.

I wrapped my arms around her waist to pull her body back against mine. Her bottom half getting trapped by my thighs. "This had been the best I have slept in over a week," I said, after a minute, Ashley finally relaxed in my hold. Her back settling against my chest, I placed a quick kiss on the side of her neck before pulling back. "Sorry," I muttered my apology, for once I worried about crossing a line with her. "I just need time," Ashley confessed, her blue eyes peering up at mine. I nodded because I wasn't going to complain.