- Chapter Two -

Kai Bliss is fucking insane

As if I'll stay married to him. Weddings in Vegas don't count, right? Surely they can't allow a wedding license if one's intoxicated, right? As I sit here now watching the man I married I realize that my sister is going to kill me, I'd kill me. God, I used to joke about doing something illegal when I turned eighteen, I didn't know that meant I would also marry at the age of twenty-three. To a stranger, nevertheless. Maybe this is God's way of punishing me?

I get it, I should have gone to Italy, this is my punishment for bailing on my sister. God, how on Earth am I going to explain to my parents and my siblings that I got married on a drunken night out in Vegas? Especially, when I should have been in Florence, Italy. The worst part of all of this? The fact that I find Kai Bliss attractive, that's the worst part.

Another negative to all this is the fact my sister will argue that this is one of my worst decisions. But in truth Em will only be pissed because I married her friend's younger brother, but in his and my defense, he didn't know who I was at the time. I didn't know who he was, this was all just a coincidence.

A mistake.

"When we land," Kai speaks aloud, the first time he's spoken to me since he told me to sit down. It was clear there was no way I could escape, I'm in the air. Unless I want to jump to my death, I'm staying seated across from the man I should hate. He hasn't given me many reasons to hate him just yet, other than the fact he's demanding and refuses to allow me to leave. I don't hate Kai Bliss, just yet. "We'll head straight to the wedding venue."

"The wedding that's supposed to have you as the groom? That wedding?" I ask with a hint of sarcasm. It's obvious I don't want to be here, that's been made clear. I'm not going to play nice just because I was stupid enough to get married, drunk. I'm not naive either, if Kai Bliss wanted me to go, I'd be on a plane back to the West Coast right now— that clearly isn't the case. "I'll do the talking," Kai says as he glances up to meet my eyes. His eyes are like ice, they are also cold towards me. He doesn't care about me, I don't blame him. I don't care about him either.

This was all just a mistake, well, a mistake on my part. He'll realize he made a mistake when he finds out that he can't control me, like how he does to other people in his life. Kai is a mystery, but at the same time, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what he's like.

"My brothers will be pissed," Kai remarks as he typed away on his phone, his eyes now returning to whatever he's doing on his mobile. "They won't hurt you," he states and I can't hide the shock at his comment. "Hurt me?" I question as he slowly glances up at me, he just stares, waiting for me to continue. "I didn't think they'd hurt me, especially now that I've married you against my will," I clarify.

"Against your will?" Kai repeats my words, during it, he almost smiles as he pockets his phone, "if I remember correctly, which I do," he claims, at least one of us remembers last night. "You were very willing," God damn it, Faye, and her stupid idea. The decision to get married to a stranger never crossed my mind, until Faye suggested it. "Kian won't hurt you, because of who you are."