- Chapter Twenty-Seven -

I have finally got Ashley exactly where I have always wanted her

Where she belongs with me, and I have never felt this happy before but when I glance down at her head resting on my chest I know that I would do everything I ever did leading up to this moment again. I believe that I never make any mistakes, and this, our wedding in Vegas that tied the two of us together was anything but a mistake.

Last night was something I have craved for over eight years. Eight long years desperately wanting to know Ashley Wilson, and the wait was well worth it. Ashley came willingly into my bed and she'd be a fool if she believed I would let her go afterwards. Over my dead fucking body would I allow Ashley to leave me again, it's her and I until the bitter end, despite how painful it'll be.

"How long was I out?" Ashley finally asked breaking the silence. I glanced over at my bedside clock to read that it's just gone back four in the morning, "around three hours," I mumbled as I pushed the loose strands of her blonde hair out of her face. Peering up at me, her blue eyes shined in the early light. "Did you not sleep?" I smiled at the concern she showed me because it's rare from her. Ashley isn't one to show her feelings towards myself due to her original plans of a divorce but after last night something altered between us.

Whether that was because she believe Aria and I had a past, or because she truly gave in to wanting something she shouldn't. Everything interesting was always forbidden and in Ashley's eyes, I was exactly that. Ashley could never let her guard down with me because of the circumstances that brought us together but now I'm wishing she's moved past that. I'm praying she has because she'll understand that we were meant to be together.

The two of us were fated to belong together, Ashley and I, always have been despite what she might believe.

"I slept for a bit," I say, answering her question from before. Ashley squints her eyes slightly as she glances up at me. She is truly beautiful, that is no secret. "They recommend at least five hours," Ashley comments with a small smile as her eyes lower down to my chest where she's currently drawing numerous shapes with her forefinger. "I'll remember that for next time," I heard Ashley sigh but choose not to comment on it. My arm that's wrapped around her waist tugs her closer so that she could lie entirely on top of me.

"What are you doing?" Ashley questions, her eyes shining with desire but she'll never admit that, at least not yet. After we had sex a couple hours ago, Ashley fell asleep naked and I sure as hell wasn't going to wake her so that she could sleep clothed. And now I am thanking myself for doing so as my dick twitches from Ashley hovering over it. "Really, again?" I laugh at her words as she begins to sit up, almost like she's finally remembered the events from a couple hours ago, her forearm crosses her breasts to hide them from my sight.