- Chapter Twenty-One -

All Ashley had to do, was sit there and not start an argument

Hell, she did one even better— firstly, she dragged me away, and then secondly, she refused to rejoin the meal. So, I called Blake and asked if he could escort her home. He's the only one I trust other than Kian, to be alone with Ashley.

I know Ashley, I get Ashley— and there is no way in hell, she wouldn't try to run if given the opportunity. Despite the progress we have made, I now know that has gone out of the window. Surely she must understand that this is not my plan— and for once in my fucked up life, I don't actually condone it either. But who am I to go against Hunter, and clearly the other two. Nathan won't argue against, he would kidnap Aria Pazi if he had the chance, and as for Luca, fuck knows why he's thought of his for Hunter.

Maybe because Hunter is his Capo, fuck knows the logistics behind his decision. I'm not going to start an argument over it— and neither will Nathan, hence why he's currently sat at the head of the table, drinking away all of his demons.

"If I were my father," Nathan started, his eyes narrowing on mine, "I would have told you to control your wife," my grip tightens around my glass but thankfully Hunter smiled and continued. "And yet, I know for a fact I wouldn't want my future wife to just sit there and look pretty." Something that may surprise people is the fact that my father actually loved my mother— he too didn't want the, 'ideal,' mafia wife. He wanted my mom to voice her opinions, however, that slowly changed after he became capo. My world, despite how fucked up it is according to societies norms, we value traditions.

"That is if you can get Aria to change her opinion on marriage," Hunter commented with a smile, Nathan glared at him over his glass as he drank half of his beer. "Who said anything about marrying Aria?" Nathan question, his tone as snarky as his glares. It's obvious, Nathan may not want to marry Aria, but he would never allow her to marry some other man. Never, and that's something I can agree on— I could have never allowed Ashley to marry someone else, it was always suppose to me and her.

Fate works in mysterious ways, that is if you believe in it. I clearly don't as I created my own destiny, as I did hers, I altered her fate to end up with me. She believes this is what God planned out for her, this is the universes path that was planned out for her life. It's bullshit, everyone knows it. With enough power and money you can creat your own fate— that is what I believe, and that is exactly what happened.

"Her father would never allow it anyways," Luca said, and it's true. The Chicago Outfit are rivals to the Boston Mafia— whereas we are all against Boston, the Outfit has had a longstanding rivalry. There is no way in hell, the traditionalists within the families would allow an arrangement, despite if it actually benefited them. "Like I would need her fathers blessing," Nathan commented as he downed the last of his drink, his glass hitting the table lightly to significant to the waiters to refill the now empty glass.

"It would be ideal," Hunter muttered and just as he connected the dots Nathan spoke again, "have you asked Andrew Lewis for Sofias hand in marriage?" His question remains unanswered and Nathan laughed, "exactly, and you won't ask either because you already know the answer— no, because you simply do not care if you manage to achieve Andrew Lewis' blessing." I laughed, as did Luca smile at Nathan's statement, Hunter hasn't asked nor will he because true to what Nathan said, he doesn't bow down to others.