- Epilogue -

Eight Years Later

Eight Years Later

"Rina! Watch where you are going!"

I smiled at my sisters yells, "Rina!" Em shouted across the garden of her Italian home. "Em, calm down," I said, Em gazed over at me, her eyes squinting in the summer sun. "Don't tell me to calm down, she's going to get hurt," Em said as she pointed towards her daughter. Sabrina Lewis is the spitting image of Emilia, her golden, blonde hair flew behind her as she chased after her father Alex around their garden.

"Sabrina will be fine," Kai chimed in from besides me. His hand on my hip reminding me that he's present in the conversation. "Alex!" Em yelled once again, her husband spared her a glance before snatching their daughter up with both hands. "Be careful!" I watched with a massive smile as Alex threw Sabrina up in the air and then caught her as effortlessly as it was to throw her. "We're so safe!" Alex shouted in a taunting manner paired with a wink before the sounds of Sabrina's laughter filled the summer-warm air.

"I don't think I could handle having another child," Em admitted as she took a sip of her non-alcoholic drink before her. "So, you are really telling me that Alex wouldn't take the opportunity to get you pregnant again," I taunted my older sister who just smiles at me. "Hell, even Parker managed to get Faye pregnant twice," I said to Em. Just under two years ago Parker announced to the two of us that him and Faye were expecting. Turns out they had twins, it was everything Parker has ever wanted. And then around five months ago, they announced Fayes second pregnancy.

The four of them, (soon to be five) still live on the west coast, while Emilia stayed in Italy, I don't blame her. Italy in the summer is truly life changing. Whereas Kai and I live in New York. I couldn't ask him to move, nor would I wish to. He's the second to the Capo of the New York Famille, that's his destiny. I always struggled when it came to my own, feeling lost because I wasn't truly loving. Despite that, once I fell in love, I experience everything I ever wished to. I turned to my left to watch Kai, his eyes glued on Alex and Sabrina in the distance.

I smiled with pure happiness, I haven't told him yet that I'm around seven weeks pregnant. To him, he wouldn't be able to tell, I haven't gained much weight as of yet. I found out I was pregnant a couple weeks ago, and I know Kai would be happy for us. I've seen how he is with Winter, Kian and Lizzies' daughter. She's around seven years old now, along with Sabrina who has just turned six. I see Kai with Winter, and I know he envies what Lizzie and Kian have. I know he wants that, but he wouldn't push me.

"Kai," I said, his focus quickly returning to mine. "Come with me for a second," I asked, as the two of us made our way inside of my sisters summer house. My hand gripped Kai's as I brought him to the landing. The sun shining in through the large windows as it slowly begins to set. I turned to see Kai  watching me cautiously, "everything okay?" He questioned as he ran his hands down from my shoulders to my palms. "How would you feel about being a dad?" I asked with a smile, his eyes twinkled in the sun as he put two and two together.