- Chapter Sixteen -

Kai Bliss is the bane of my existence

Maybe it's the alcohol, but I cannot deny my attraction towards him. I knew he was attractive that first morning in Vegas, but now? Kai Bliss is a walking daydream. I have to keep my head straight because otherwise I know I will just stare at the man whose stood besides me. Plus he knows he is very attractive, I have noticed the smirk on his face when he catches me looking at him.

I have to come to terms with the fact that I like Kai Bliss. I can't really explain it but the past two weeks, he's been everything I would ever look for in a partner. He makes breakfast in the morning, always checks in on me before leaving for work. Plus, the unlimited credit card is definitely a bonus— I haven't bought anything on it, I refuse to. I know Kais ordered a few things for me, and after I decline them he insists that it was a gift.

My views on the marriage between us have altered, I still wish for a divorce, I have my life I want to go back to. I miss Faye, and my brother, Parker. Sometimes, I even catch myself thinking of Em. "I want something more," those were my words to her the second summer after she left for college. I just never knew this was where fate would lead me, to him.

"I've got an early start tomorrow," Kai finally said, breaking the silence between us. The two of us are yet again standing in the elevator which is slowly leading us up to his penthouse. "Okay," the one word showing my defeat. I don't know what I want from him, and that's what annoys me most. As the doors open, Kai takes his leave. For a moment I stay completely still, my head arguing with my heart. I've always followed my heart, I want to believe the best in life. That was until life fucked me over, but I once believed love would beat everything else. How naive was I? My heart beats rapidly against my chest, and I silently curse myself for what happens next.

"Kai," I called out and immediately he paused with his back to me. "I just wanted to say..." My words get lost in my throat, Kai Bliss is a man who would shatter your heart into pieces. The sick part about it, is that I'd let him. I would let Kai ruin me without a second thought, and an ounce of regret because that would mean he would want me in the way I wanted him. "I just," I try again but fail to make any sense.

If I blinked I would have missed it but Kai turns around before stalking towards me. His face once again natural, and before I could speak his hands reached for my face and his lips were on mine taking my next breath away. My hands wrapped around his wrists as he angled my face to meet his easily. Kai Bliss is a God, and the way he kisses— oh my life. I cannot deny that he knows what he's doing, maybe being a fuckboy is a positive for me.

"Kai," I murmur against his lips as he pushed his fingers through my hair. One of my hands released his wrist to grip his shirt. "I need," I began to whisper, my words trailing off when Kai pulled my body closer to his with his left hand. Does this make me a bad person? Wanting this with him, the person who altered my entire life due to fate. Yet this wouldn't have happened if if wasn't meant to be.