- Chapter Thirty-Five -

"As lovely as that whole spectacle that was, I am still against this whole kidnapping plan

"As lovely as that whole spectacle that was, I am still against this whole kidnapping plan."

I have destroyed any chances I had with Ashley— I should have told her sooner and then this would have all been avoided. For once in my life I wanted to follow her and beg her to hear me out. Ashley Bliss has truly changed me and I had wished I could have changed the outcome. I should have told her, I know that and yet I was hoping I wouldn't have too.

"Get in the car, Sofia," Hunter snaps bringing me back to reality. I glance over to find the Italian princes standing across from Hunter with her arms crossed. "Ask nicely," she said with a smile as Hunter released a groan at her stubbornness. "You do realise I am kidnapping you, and yet you want me to be nicer to you," he scoffs when Sofia nods at his words. "Is being nice so hard for you?" She asks with a teasing smile.

"Some of us have places to be," Luca broke the trance between Sofia and Hunter as he looks in Lucas and Nathan's direction. "You two can go if you'd wish, thanks for your help," he says before throwing Sofia a wink for his kindness towards them. After a moment the two of them head back inside leaving me alone with the capo of The West and the mob princess to the Italian mafia. "Should I call my father now, or wait until later?" Sofia taunts with a head tilt, she knows that Hunter won't do anything to her because of how he feels.

It's crazy to comprehend but Hunter does like Sofia, and she's aware of it. Fuck knows what were in those letters. "You love fucking with my head, don't you?" Hunter closes the distance between them, she's not much smaller to him in heels, but she does have to glance up at him. "Do you like my dress?" Sofia asks instead as she does a twirl for him. The white fabric flowing around her. "I was tempted to choose black for my funeral but I thought white would be more fitting for us, don't you think?" I watch Hunter roll his hands up into fists, that's his subtle way to avoid touching her.

"You knew my plan," he uttered and Sofia smirked at him. "How naive do you think I am?" Her eyes twinkling with danger but also excitement. "I figured it were to happen sooner rather than later, after all— it is a privilege to be chosen by you," she says. Hunter watches in her silence for a moment, his eyes travelling up her body. "That's what my father believes, isn't it?" Sofia asked in a taunting manner but there was some anger behind her eyes. I recognised the look, I've experienced the emotion towards my own father multiple times.

"Andrew never liked me," Hunter stated, Sofia smirked, almost as if she was trying to resemble his. "That has never stopped you before, expect I'm not naive as I was nine years ago," Sofia said. I stood watching in fascination at the past the two share wondering what exactly happened to get them to where they are today. "A goodbye would have been nice," Sofia whispered, her eyes beginning to redden as she stared at Hunter.

"You were safer in Florence," Hunter admitted but Sofia didn't agree. She shook her head at his words before she clutched onto his shirt, "I would have been safer with you," she put emphasis on the word you as she pulled him closer to her. "Not in Florence with my dad, you knew that," Sofia let her head bow as she rested it now against his chest. Hunter raised one of his hands to place against the back of her head, "then let me explain," he said as he pulled away.