- Chapter Seven -

"Your wife is very hot

"Your wife is very hot."

"I know, that's why she's my wife and not yours," I say to Capello who grins. He didn't show up to the wedding yesterday, I can't blame him either. Hunter didn't want me to marry his younger sister, Elena. He was against it since the start, and because of that, he didn't show up yesterday. "Thanks," he utters as he leans against the bar, I glance at him waiting for him to explain but I should have known better.

"At least now Elena can choose her own fate," I admit with a shrug as Hunter smiles at me. I hadn't seen him since before I left for Vegas, he refused to speak to me because he guessed I would have been happy to marry his sister. That's where he was wrong, there was no way I could have married Elena, not just because of my own principles but because of what went down between us. It wouldn't have been right, and Elena, despite not knowing her too well, she deserves someone who'll love her, and I know I couldn't have given her that.

"From what I've heard Elena is very happy," Hunter confesses with a shrug, but he doesn't continue to explain. "You haven't seen her?" I ask, it wouldn't shock me. The two aren't as close as I am with my brothers, but at least Hunter wasn't going to force Elena down that aisle as my brothers would have. Fuck knows how Kian will get an alliance now, possibly through Blake— it wouldn't surprise me. I know Kian is only looking out for us, and his empire but sometimes his decisions are shit. "My sister believes I'm too overprotective," Hunter states while using speech markers for the, too overprotective. That statement doesn't come as a shock, in our world, it's an obvious that the men are more protective over the women.

It was the way we were raised, and despite being raised by Christopher Bliss, he did teach me that we should respect women. Everyone believes that he and my mother married due to be pregnant with Blake, and while that is a factor in the quick decision, the two were in love. Sadly, he took over his father and couldn't afford to show a weakness from then on out, and to him, his love for his wife was that exactly. That's why I cannot afford it, but would it be so bad if it did?

"You really weren't going to show up to the wedding?" I dare to ask, it does hurt knowing one of my best friends refused to go and support me, especially considering the bride was his sister. "I wasn't happy about it, I assumed within the six years Elena would already be married, considering my parents wanted a happy and loving marriage for her." We both pause to stare at each other to now realize that both families need an alliance. I have no sisters or first cousins that I know of that could marry Hunter, I wonder how Kian will sort a union with the West if that's the case.

The person who does marry into The West from our family would have to be blood, that will be difficult. "Well," Hunter clears his throat before looking over to the group, "the alliance won't be through me," he claims as he glances back at me with a smile. I wish I knew what he was thinking, if Hunter were to marry, why not marry a girl from New York Famille? "Don't tell me you're still hung up on Aria," I utter, silently praying Hunter has let it go. Eight years ago, Aria told Hunter no, well, she told all of us no. Ever since then Hunter has been determined to change her mind, whether that's because he's never had anyone say no to him before, or if it's because he's somehow convinced himself he likes her or not, fuck knows.