- Chapter Thirty -

Do you know what's more dangerous than pouring your heart out to Kai Bliss?

Being left alone in a room with the capo of The West. Hunter Capello is exactly what his name claims, he is a hunter. He is as dangerous as he looks that's an obvious. That has also been made clear with the way he sits, he doesn't have a care in the world. Kai had to go outside to take a call, hence why I am currently sat alone with Hunter in his living room.

I stare, my eyes boring into his as he flips the page of his book. He likes to pretend that I don't exist— like I am not here, the second Kai returns his attention will return to his friend but not me. I want to know what he's thinking, does he even understand who I am? Because the way he acts, it is as if I am a mere stranger, instead of being the wife to one of his best friends.

"I know I'm pretty but you don't need to watch me,"
Hunter finally said with a smirk. His eyes glancing up at me from his page. "Why don't you like me?" I asked, my elbows leaning on my knees as I edged closer. "I never said that," Hunter spoke with ease, without looking he turned over the page of his book effortlessly. I narrow my eyes as I continue to stare, "you didn't have too."

Hunter grinned at my comment, before he tilted his head. "I don't like many," he replied, his eyes staring deep into mine and I wonder what he sees. Similar to Kais, his eyes are a darker shade of blue. Instead of my husbands ice blue, Hunters is rather a deep sea, the kind that on a rough, stormy night you would drown in. "You like Kai," I say, "you also like Luca and Nathan," I list off his friends, I paused when I no longer had a name to add. "Am I missing anyone?" I asked in a taunting manner.

Similar to mine, his eyes narrowed almost as if he's shooting lasers with them, wishing me dead. "Hmm," he hummed, his body relaxing in his chair as he leaned back. With gentle hands he closed his book, giving me his full attention. I too copied his actions as I sat back against his grey couch. "You aren't afraid of me," he stated with confidence as if he's never wrong. "Why would I be?" I asked instead, he's right however, I'm not afraid of him, nor his and Kais friends.

"You are sat alone in my living, I could kill you within a second and you would never have seen it coming," Hunter uttered, his eyes turning as deadly as his threat. "But you wouldn't," he smirked at my words, "and why wouldn't?" The capo of The West asked, "because I have a feeling that Kai wouldn't be too happy," my mind flickering back to a couple nights ago. God, how foolish I was. I remember that night like it was yesterday, my words tattooed in my mind to taunt me.

"Please don't break my heart."

That was a weakness from me, but I meant those words. I prayed that Kai would never hurt me but I know it's inevitable— it's going to happen. Kai Bliss is nothing more than a made men, he will hurt me no matter what he claims. I'm just hoping it'll be sooner rather than later because I cannot cope with the thoughts of that happening later. All Kai has to do is look your way and smile, and every women would fall in love. I mean, who wouldn't? Kai Bliss is a God, and anyone would want a second of experiencing what it's like to have the attention of one.