- Chapter Thirteen -

Ashley Bliss is truly maddening, god, since when do I have to explain myself?

And yet, when she looked up at me with those big blue eyes, I wanted too. I wanted to reassure her, fuck, now I know what my brother was going through. It's not a fun feeling, and I avoid those. I don't like the feel shit because when I do, all I feel is pain and that's fucked. I am fucked and I have no one to blame but myself. I could blame my father but he was one of the reasons why I am who I am today.

I sense him before I see the capo of The West. I walk further to stop when I glance at Hunter leaned up against a white column. "You've barely left your penthouse," he states the fact. I've only left in the early mornings for a gym session with the group, or when duty calls. "How's Ashley?" Hunter asks with a smile before he closes the distance between us. I wrap my arms around his shoulders for a brief hug before we both pull back.

"Good," I lie, well, I think it's a lie. Ashley is definitely warming up to me, I've seen the way she looks at me, she wants me as much as I want her. God, she's all I think about. Hunter nods but we both know he can spot a lie a while off, especially with me. We've been friends for more than ten years, since high school. He's my best friend, at this point I know everything about him as he does me. It's the same with Luca and Nathan, them two are closer than Hunter and I.

"Where are Garcia and Patricara?" I ask knowing that Hunter has eyes on them, "Luca is currently sweet talking some models in the corner tables, whereas Nathan is watching Aria Pazi from a distance," Hunter smiles while revealing that piece of information. "Aria is back in town?" It makes sense, the Chicago Outfit are the ones hosting this event, it's an annual event that's used to celebrate the life of Giovanni Pazi, the one who was suppose to be the next in line to be Capo of The Chicago Outfit.

As Kian killed him a decade ago— something he still doesn't know I'm aware of, no one knows the truth of Gios death apart from Kian, Lizzie and myself. As his parents didn't have another son, his twin sister, Aria is being groomed in order to take over. The first female capo, despite how progressive that shit is the only reason for that it is because she was Giovanni's twin.

If you ask me, that whole thing is dangerous. Aria Pazi is dangerous, we don't call her spitfire for no reason. She's a force to be reckoned with. "So," I break the silence first, "what are you doing back here?" I question, ever since Hunter's announced to the group that he's planning on creating a union through the Italian Mafia, he's been a tad more secretive than normal. Fuck knows exactly why he's choosing to torture Sofia Lewis, the mafia princess. "I'm just thinking," Hunter hums and I know where his mind is.

The Italian princess isn't here tonight but that doesn't stop Sofia Lewis being the source of Hunters troubles. I have no doubt in my mind that she is all he thinks about. "If you want her to fall in love with you, forcing a marriage won't be the way," I say, his eyes finding mine. I'm aware I am one to talk, especially with the way I've gone about it with Ashley, however I needed a reason fast, I wasn't going to marry Elena Capello, and I needed an outsider sooner rather than later. It's just too bad for Kian that I had figured it all out before hand.