Present Box ||Bertholdt Hoover||

Requested by- jaeger_whore

Sorry for being so late❤️❤️😭

Days, weeks passed by after Bertholdt left for a small work trip, he was all the way in America while you stuck back home missing him. Though you did call and FaceTime almost everyday, it still didn't feel the same.

Your friends could notice you being less bubbly around them and how you'd constantly slouch over when someone asks what the matter was with an exaggerated, "I miss him."

Especially with your birthday coming up, everyone felt bad for you and wanted to make it more enjoyable. With the help of one of you and Bertholdt's friend, it'd be done according to plan.

Pieck was assigned to take you out while everyone was preparing everything in your home- you knew it and didn't mind all that much. You were enjoying your time with Pieck, you both got on an cable car while drinking smoothies. Everyone can say that when Pieck's there. It's never a bad time.

"That. Right there." She pointed against the window, "Is the talent show recruitment station." She proudly stated. Pieck knew the area off by heart but you wouldn't be surprised, she's been on this cable car more times than you can count- she just loves being in the sky.

"So, you looking forward to your party?" She asked and then took a sip of her banana milk.

"Of course, you guys are way too nice to me."

She gave you a look full of suspicion while stirring her straw, "You sure? You don't sound too happy."

"Well..."

"It's about Bertholdt isn't it?"

"Yeah... I just miss"-

"Oh please Y/n I've heard you say that so much this month that my ear aches to even hear a phrase similar to it." She shut you down with a chuckle, in her smirk you could see she was hiding something.

"Alright." You laughed lightly.

The trip back home was nice, you took some funny videos on the empty tube back home and even sent Bertholdt some pictures of the view from the air glider. Though, he didn't respond, he left you on delivered- which was normal of him to do but he usually gets back to you in around an hour.

"So." Pieck asked when you walked to your home, which was about a few minutes away. "What would you like most for your birthday?"

"For Reiner to stop doing that weird frat guy impression. It creeps me out."

The gentle girl beside you laughed into her palms, "Something more realistic- though you're right, that is unsettling."

"Even world peace is more realistic than getting him to stop it." You sighed jokingly, linking your arms with her. "I guess I'd just ask to have Bertholdt teleported here, you know, I get he has work to do but I just miss"-

"Him. You miss him. As I've been hearing for the past thirty nine days. Thanks for reminding me Y/n."

"Sorry." You giggled sheepishly, "Maybe if you're so sick of me saying that you could perform a trick to bring him here." You said the moment you stepped in front of your home door with her.

"Mmm, I'm not sure, it doesn't sound like I could do it all by myself."

You nodded, understanding that you were only kidding around and she's just Pieck. Not a magician or a genie.
Your arm felt cold when she let go to ring the bell, the door instantly opened up to Reiner and Porco, both wearing sunglasses. "Hey you guys!" You waved at the both of them.