Kenny X Burnt out Reader

Tumblr Request: howdy! I love your blog and the way you write kenny ackerman, so I was wondering if I could request that you write something- in any form- for Kenny Ackerman with a so who is really burnt out and tired from like work or uni or something along the lines of that? Needing some fluff aha-!

A/N Totally understand!!! Academic work takes the piss. I believe Kenny would handle it well (maybeee)

Maybe because of boredom, the sake of a new interest or for genuine enjoyment, Kenny found himself nose deep in a crossword puzzle he found while reading the newspaper, before he knew it, he had gotten through 4 of them.

A man of his age had nothing better to do than this- or so he thought before you trudged inside the kitchen, your shoulders slumped forward as you dig into the fridge for a bottle of water.
Kenny peeled his eyes off the puzzle and onto you, only to wince eternally at the miserable frown etching into your features and visible tear stains on your cheeks.

"What's gotten into you?" He mumbled, lowering the papers and pen down softly as if the abrupt noise would break you.

With a narrow and croaking voice, you spoke begrudgingly, "stupid exam coming up."

After the second observation he could only mentally curse at himself for not realising it, your eyebags, hands quivering as you bought the bottle to your lips. How long must it have been since you were like this? How on earth did he not notice?

"How important is it?"

"Very." You sniffled, just as you were getting ready to get up and back to work, he scraped his chair and effortlessly sat you back down. "When was the last time you ate something?"

"Dunno m"-

"You need to eat something, I can feel your bones through your shirt."

You scoffed and stubbornly turned away, "Not in the mood, Ken'. If I fail this I'll have to redo this year, now, if you'll let me"-

His wrinkly yet veiny knuckles gently squeezed your shoulders, causing you to achingly slump against his arm. Body melting under his touch. "And if you don't get some rest you won't have a year to redo. C'mon kid at least just a nap? For me?"

"No, Kenny- I genuinely can't! I've already suffered enough with this stupid work- I- I can't bare to do another year of it and"-

"I'll nap with you."

Your eyes perked up curiously, "but you said you don't do naps,"
He gulped down his pride, straightened his posture. "It's cold, I'm tired and I could use the warmth, so I figured why not?"

"Really?"

"Yes." He groaned, "but don't you go copping a feel at my cheeks again"-

"I said I wouldn't do it again!"

"I can't trust you! You and your rodent hands." He pinched your cheek, slightly shaking them. "Listen- an hour nap, I'll wake you up to eat. And then you can go back to researching Christopher Columbus's toenail or whatnot."

"O-Ok... as long as you'll be there."

And so to the sound of the old documentary playing in the background and Kenny's mild snores brushing against the top of your head, you satisfyingly gave into your fatigue. Your hands tracing away from his warm chest and down to his hips, almost reaching the designated area before two slender hands caught hold of your own.

"Keep em where I can see em." He hoarsely murmured. You lowly giggled but did as he said curling up tight beside him. "Little pervert." Was all he said before his the light wafts of his snores brushed against your hairline once again.