Shikamaru's True Feelings!

Shikamaru

1 month later

I don't know but ever since Asumi left, the village seemed so empty. I would be lying if I said I hadn't missed her and she hasn't been on my mind like every second of the day and the fact that I get this weird feeling like before everytime I think about her.

"Shikamaru"! Ino yelled, taking me out my thoughts. "Uh what were you saying"? I asked tiredly, Ino scoffed and rolled her eyes. "We haven't heard from Asumi since she left! She said she would be back, she isn't back! It's been a month"! Ino kept yelling in my ear, I grew an irk mark.

"SHIKAMARU! YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS DEAD"! Ino yelled making my face hot, "S-she isn't my girlfriend! We are just friends". I said calming myself down. Ino smirked, "Shikamaru you never stutter, everytime we talk about Asumi and you, you get all red and stutter. It's obvious you like her". Ino said with a soft expression on her face.

I put my head down, thinking about what Ino said. 'Do I like Asumi? I mean I've only known her for a couple of months, and you can't like someone you just met. I don't really even know her to like her. I mean she's pretty, strong, confident, sweet, mean when needs to be, she's been hurt before and needs someone to heal her. I mean I think she does deserve someone who could make her happy, but I don't want to have myself do all of that'.

I looked at Ino and shook my head, "Even if I did, which I don't! She might not like me back. You see her she's so lovable and friendly and cheerfully, I'm me". I said getting up, Ino and Choji following behind me. "So you do like her"? Choji asked opening another bag of chips, I shrugged my shoulders. They all hummed in agreement and we walked in silence.

"GUYYSSSSSS! GUYYSSSSSSSS"! We heard Naruto yelling and turned around to see him holding a bird. "What do you want Naruto and Billboard brow? Hii Sasuke". Ino retorted then waved before even hearing what they had to say. "Asumi! She wrote back"! Naruto yelled holding out the bird as Ino and Sakura went at it. 'So she sent it to Naruto. I might as well forget it, she likes Naruto'. I sighed and walked up to them.

"Did Asumi send it to you"? Choji asked, reading my mind. Naruto shook his head, a weight was lifted off of me, "We found this thing on the Hokage building, just sitting there. Once it noticed us it flew down to us". Naruto told which we all nodded.

"Have you read it yet"? I asked, hiding how happy I truly am about finally hearing from her. "Nah I wanted to read it in front of everyone. Come on we gotta find Kiba, Hinata, Shino, Neji, Lee, TenTen, and our Sensei's"! We all ran looking for our friends. Once we found them we all took them up a hill in the village and sat in a circle.

"So you're telling me, you brats brought us Jonin here to read a note"? Kuernai asked while crossing her arms, I sighed, "Asumi wrote it specifically for everyone to read. All of her friends, Kuernai Sensei". Kiba said irritatedly. Naruto opened the note but Ino snatched it from him and read it,

Hello guys! Sorry I haven't written to you guys in a month. Things here are kinda hard to be honest. On my first night here I had gotten into a fight with one of the sand ninja, nothing I couldn't handle. Don't worry I didn't do anything to draw attention to myself, I just put him in the hospital but they told me he's fine which I'm happy for.

Everything has been fine except for that mishap, and except for Garra. This guy is such a pain, he doesn't want my protection but when his sand fails him he's hurt and now I'm the one to blame. Anyway I should be back home in 3 months maybe even longer with how things are looking here, so I won't see you guys till maybe 3 months from now, but hey look on the bright side, at least I won't have to see Danzo for 3 months.

Anyway, I have something to say to the Jonins and the Jonins only.

Ino looked up at the Jonins who looked as if they were threatening her to read on. She hesitantly gave the note to our Sensei's and they read it one by one. They're faces showed that whatever it was, wasn't good. "WHAT IS IT"?! Ino, Sakura, Naruto, Kiba, Choji, TenTen, and Lee asked, all sweating from the restricted part of the letter.