6 - The Jingshi

Wei Ying felt at ease as he followed behind Lan Zhan at about two paces. Wuxian knows how his character is, he knows that he can be playful and mischievous, but he also knows that playfulness can come off as annoying. Having only met the young twin jade only the night before, he already could guess that Lan Zhan was someone who was hard to please, disciplined, self-restraint, and prominent. He knew that he could very easily overstep his boundaries with Lan Zhan, so he had to be cautious as he was to stay at his place with him. He also did not want to go around pretending to be someone who he was not. Wuxian has always been someone who lives freely and abides by no rules other than his own. He only wishes to have fun, and take part in the world of cultivators by standing with justice, helping the weak and curbing the violence. He had a clear conscience but he still had a while to know where his path would go.

As they approached Jingshi, Lan Wangji opened the door and stepped aside to allow Wuxian to enter first. Wangji never lets others in his home but his uncle and brother. Allowing a roommate was something completely new to him and he was willing to try to make it work. He just had to make some compromises with Wuxian, that is if he is willing to listen. Wangji slowly entered and closed the door behind him as he watched Wuxian respectfully tour the place.

"Your space is divided with that screen there," Wangji pointed out to the far right of the room.

There were two beds but they were divided and spaced out nicely so there was room to roam around the bed. The divider was to secure privacy, and Wuxian respected that. "Knowing Wangji, he seems to be the type of person to desire privacy, even if they are a man," Wuxian thought to himself and turned to Wangji and asked him, "Hanguang Jun, I was wondering if we could sit and discuss some things?"

"Mmn," He hummed with a small nod and gestured a hand towards a table that had a fresh and clean porcelain tea set and kettle ready to brew tea for the both of them so they could talk. Wuxian slowly made his way over to the table and knelt down on a mat. Wangji sat across from him and started to boil water, "I too, have some things to discuss."

"Since this is your place, I will let you start," Wuxian stated, "I have already briefly looked through the thousands of rules your sect has ahead of time, so if that is something to discuss, I am well aware of curfew, no alcohol, no running, being respectful, and all that."

"Good to know that you know," Wangji said as he poured a cup of tea and passed it to Wuxian. Wuxian just nodded, "I was just going to say that I am someone who prefers the quiet so I only ask that you respect that and respect my personal space as I am not someone who likes to be close with others or likes physical interaction."

"Okay," Wuxian agreed with a nod, "Anything else."

"Although I am usually distant, if you do need anything, because we room together, feel free to come talk to me," Wangji stated, "If it is something I am unsure of, I will either ask my brother or uncle or advise you to ask them yourself." Wuxian only nodded. He understood Wangji's concerns and conditions. Lan Wangji was a very reserved person. As outgoing of a person as Wei Wuxian was, he would try to slowly break that barrier, but in a way where it would not be annoying. He loved being playful but he always felt insecure about annoying and burdening others with his antics. Wuxian wishes to someday be free to just do so.

"What did you have to say?" Lan Wangji asked after he took a sip of tea.

"Ah," Wuxian began, "It is something that I normally keep to myself other than my grandmother, anyway. I am just letting you know in advance that I apologize if I interrupt a night or a few nights of sleep from you."

Wangji seemed concerned and tilted his head in question, "Why?"

Wuxian took in a deep breath and then let it out and spoke, "Since I was young, I have been known to have nightmares and night terrors. There were even times where my grandmother told me that I sleepwalk, but I don't know what I do when any of those happen. All I know is that she was the only one able to calm me down or keep me from getting hurt when sleepwalking." Wuxian finished speaking and observed Lan Wangji's face. He seemed to be taking in the information a bit longer than I felt he needed to but I remained silent for a moment and spoke again, "So again, if I disturb you because of that, I am very sorry."

Lan Wangji looked at Wei Wuxian. He was a bit worried about him having nightmares, and from what Wuxian was saying, he has them quite frequently, "You do not have to apologize, but I have to ask, did you experience major trauma? Most times nightmares come from trauma."

"Well, yes but there is something about me that I promised I would never share with others because if I did, I could be in danger or people would misunderstand me," Wuxian answered.

"I promise to keep it between us if you decide to share and I will not judge you either, but it is your decision to share in the end."

Wuxian was now debating on if he should share or not. Should Wangji know that he can control resentful energy? Should he say that he is able to balance both Yin (resentment) and Yang (Spiritual) energy? He did not know how he came into being able to master the Demonic Cultivation but he did.

"I still have a feeling you will judge me," Wuxian said and looked down at his hands in his lap.

"I won't, as long as it does not have anything to do with injustice or hurting others, I will be open minded and not judge anything you say," Wangji stated, giving him a firm look as if he was showing him he was determined to keep his word. He even waved his hand and placed a silent barrier around the Jingshi so Wuxian could open up freely.

"Well, I guess I will start with the trauma, then go to the other more than likely possible reason for the nightmares," Wuxian Said.

///////////////

Yin is considered to be the internal energy
Yang is considered to be the physical body.

Yin is considered to be cold and dark.
On the contrary, Yang energy is hot and cold.

Where Yin is soft and versatile
Yang energy is tough and unbending.