Microphone x Taco - Performance Is A Passion

A/N

omg people who hate knickle must hate this book cuz i always find some way to include them
am i gonna stop tho?
non
also i have an editor now get noobed
say hi

Editor Stuff or E/N idk:

Hoi I'm bri'ish

(I'm not but they'll never know >:))

3rd POV

Writing a song was harder than it looked, Microphone knew that all too well.

After a sudden burst of post-graduation motivation, Microphone ended up writing a whole album of songs in just under a month, kickstarting her musical career. As she wrote more and more songs, none of them seemed as good as her first album was. The new ones felt more dull, and producers were urging her to write the next big hit before the end of the month. In an attempt to alleviate all the stress her deadline was causing her, Microphone decided to travel to her friend's home overseas. The friend in question, Knife, had been her classmate in highschool and was a little bit harsh in his ways, but well-meaning.

"Wow, you made it."

"Thanks Knife."

The man snickered, moving to the side so Microphone could step into the apartment.

"Gosh! I can't believe that the Microphone is in my apartment! Oh, aren't I so lucky-"

"Oh, hush."

She sat herself down on the worn out couch, the spot sinking in and only adding to the homeyness of the apartment. Scanning the area, she noticed trinkets scattered about the shelves and such, something that seemed very unlike Knife to do.

"Hey, uh, are you rooming with anyone?"

Knife looked over to her and easily caught sight of her confusion. He sniggered as he fished out a photo frame from one of the shelves.

"No, actually. These are my boyfriend's."

She analysed the trinkets with the newfound information as her context. The realisation hit her like a truck.

"You actually asked out Pickle?"

"Yup," Knife turned over the photo frame in his hands. It was him and Pickle on a date.

"Do I still owe you those ten dollars from three years ago?"

"Yup. I did it all for those ten bucks."

"Darn."

The two chuckled together, their small talk eventually evolving into a deeper conversation about the more personal side of their lives.

"Seeing artists release songs every month really sucks when I can barely write a song in a year!"

"Look bud," Knife set a cup of steaming chamomile tea in front of his stressed friend, "the fact that you're not releasing trashy singles every second week shows you really care about the music you make. That little is obvious. What you gotta do is immerse yourself in something that makes you feel a certain way so you can find a way to illustrate it in words."

E/N: (r/im14andthisisdeep)

He pushed a blank sheet of paper and a pen from his desk onto the coffee table, right in front of Microphone.

"Draw down your ideas, or write them down, whatever suits you."

Microphone picked up the pen, and did just that.

"A girlfriend? Really?"

"Knife, I'm lonely-"

"That's pretty darn obvious, but is that all you could think of?"