help i need a title

Writers: Drakonsnake, Anon1909, Lacuna, TheLeafWing, SapphireCut407, Hermittpad_Star, DakotahWinters, ButterFlies77Writes PotatoSquared_15

Editor: helicopter_stan

----------------------

It was a foggy morning on the Hermitcraft server, the sun just cresting over the mountains. Yet, strangely, there wasn't a soul in sight, nor was there any indication that anyone inhabited the world at all.

Through the fog came an eerie scrabbling noise, the source impossible to locate. The sound stopped, followed by long minutes of silence.

The fog was burning off as the sun fully arose over the mountains, revealing rocky slopes descending into a foggy valley dotted with trees. A thin layer of mist still covered the ground when it happened.

From the base of the mountain there came a scraping noise, as if rocks were being shifted. A secret door opened, and a single figure emerged.

The figure was a man of above average stature, with broad sweeping shoulders and a six-foot frame. He was clothed in a well fitted three-piece suit, not cheap, though perhaps a little gaudy.

In his hands he held a pen and clipboard, and he was muttering nonsensically to himself. Something about contraptions and tests and mucking up the red stone.

Dark circles crested under his eyes, dear, he must not have slept for a while. When he finally managed a coherent sentence, it was quite the self-loathing phrase.

"Come on, Mumbo, you big dummy, you can figure this out.."

"There has to be a way to go back..."

He stopped, tapping his foot on the ground, the sound stable and rhythmic. He scribbled and erased things on the paper, the sound of pen on paper mixing to his foot tapping.

"This is probably the future..." he mumbled "Assuming this is the future..."

He halted as he had figured something out, silence engulfing the air. He looked back to where he came from, his eyes catching fear.

"No, no, no-" he started slowly, picking up the pace. "No, no- Please no-"

He started to run, to run as fast as he could.

He kept running, just running.

That was all he knew how to do at the moment. His discovery shocked him to the very core, and he could barely begin to process it.

He did actually have a destination in mind, and only a small clue as to how that would help clear things up a bit.

The shadow of doubt loomed over everything he was doing, everywhere he went past. It was a physical thing, and it seemed to be peering from the darkness.

Finally the man reached his destination, a tall black tower in a field full of similar buildings.

The buildings were familiar in style, like he'd seen them in a different palate.