Musical Fight

-----

Written by: a couple of band, orchestra, and choir nerds.

Word count: 4045 (holy cow)

Summary: A long long time ago, in a school not so far away, the band room was destroyed with no culprit in sight, revealing a long war between the 3 electives.

-----

Hermitville High. A school known widely for its three musical departments: orchestra, band, and choir. The three usually worked in harmony --literally-- until one year the band room was found destroyed. Many people pointed fingers between the three departments which soon caused unrest and tensions between the three groups.

It was never the same. Squabbles broke out often between members of the three departments, destroying any trust or friendship between them.

But, as a light in the dark there came a small group of students who changed this years later.

--

"Mumbo!" a voice hissed.

It was Tango, a member of band, he was notoriously known for randomly playing strange noises on his trombone in the middle of class. The teachers hated this, but he was also the best trombonist, so they couldn't get rid of him.

Mumbo himself was a part of the orchestra. He was a violin- first chair in the chamber level, in fact. It was a difficult spot to get to, and he was respected among the orchestra for being skilled enough to be in his position.

There was Ren, a member of the choir. Ren was a tenor two--aka a high boy, but not that high. He was known for his velvety voice that could swoon anyone, but because he was a tenor two he often didn't get the melody. (#WeWantOurMelodyBack)

"Tango!! If anyone finds us here we're dead!" Mumbo complained, holding his violin case close to his chest.

"Shh, it's ok!! Ren and I have come here before and no one has spotted us before! By the way, where's Ren?" Tango asked, setting down his case with a thump on the ground.

"I'm right here mates!" Ren strolled in.

"Ugh, you're so lucky you don't have something to carry around." Mumbo groaned.

"The only thing he carries around is his overly large ego." Tango snickered.

"Hush you, you can't even sing properly!" Ren shot back.

"You don't know how to hold a trombone properly with those short arms," Tango said.

The unlikely trio squabbled for a bit before Mumbo interrupts a staring contest Tango and Ren were having.

"We've got to practice for the upcoming concert. You know, the Halloween one we've been practicing with our classes and with each other." Tango and Ren nodded seriously, getting their sheet music onto the stands already in the rooms.

"Orchestra, band, and choir perform this song together, so it's probably best to practice that first, after warm ups," Mumbo told them, flipping to a complicated looking song.

"This song is pretty dope if I say so myself." Ren said, pulling the paper out from a black binder seeing most of the same note throughout the whole paper, "Too bad I only sing with robots."

"Ugh, I feel you man." Tango pulled out a half crumpled piece of paper and flattened it out on the stand. "It's all g b a b g. Help me."

"Hah, at least you get the melody here." Ren pointed to somewhere around the end of the paper.

"Like, everyone else drowns us out! it's annoying." Tango lifted his instrument and started playing. His arm went back and forth rapidly to move his slide before he stopped testing and took off his slide.