Death! The anime.

——

Written by: Waffle-Ninja and hapyhappiness (featuring AjexxanAlterline and p3pp3r_)

Word count: 1384

Alternate title: the Jevin harem

Be warned this is now a literally anime and the prompt shouldn't be trusted to the full extent.

——

Death had been directed by his superiors to travel back in time to stop the disaster known as the great dark war. His adventure starts in the quiet unassuming town known as Hermitville. And while even in his uncorporal form he tried his best, between sneaking potions into Hermits inventories and exterminating mobs. He buried himself into this grueling, exhausting work, determined to save the world.

——

Who knew just two simple words could mean so much?

Zedaph never expected it, so when the phrase reached his ears it hit him like a truck.

"Thank you."

It was told to him by a blue color-changing slime. He was truly amazed. Nobody had ever acknowledged him before, they didn't even know he was there.

He was invisible to the human eye, and he couldn't exactly interact with mortals directly, but the fact that they knew Zed was actually there was incredible. Death just couldn't believe it. This sort of behavior was incomprehensible. How in the world was this even possible?

He was speechless.

However, Mr. Blue Slime man was not.

"Er, yeah...I saw you around doing all these kind things; I kinda just figured you could use some sort of verbal appreciation. But I was thinking and realized you deserved a little more." The slime smiled to himself. " I know it isn't much but I tried my hardest." He earnestly handed over a box.

Zed looked it over, several times before deeming it safe,  then proceeding to eagerly opened it.

Inside as a sparkling silver chain and attached to it was a gold medallion, though the engraving was a little more than slightly perplexing. It was the symbol of health and protection.

The mortal waved. "Glad you like it, but I best be off before Wels starts yelling at me. Anyways, see you around, Life."

None of the other mortals could see him so Zed was confused why the blue slime could see him. he would've corrected the poor dimwitted mortal, but he already left.

——

Zed started watching him from afar, he was eager  to learn more about this peculiar mortal. Zedaph quickly picked up that the slime's name was Jevin. He learned the names of all Jevin's friends and even found out that Jevin had a boyfriend...

Zed flipped the necklace between his fingers. He wasn't sure what was wrong with him. His mind wouldn't budge. It was always about Jevin. His brand new sweater or the grin he wore so proudly. In the past few days since their encounter, Zedaph couldn't think of anything else besides that cute blue slime man that he met that day.

Zed started to hang around Jevin a bit more. He noticed different friends were closer to Jevin and would actively flirt half the time. Jevin would never acknowledge the flirting, though.