Dagger of Salvation

—————

Written by: hapyhappiness, ultimatebookworm12, Duskstorm1, thebirdfantasy, p3pp3r_, Ash_InTheFlames, DracoDragonGirl, and hxrmits

Word count: 1834

Note: When we finished this 4 people were in tears.

—————

Iskall gripped the leather grip in his hand. He was about to do something stupid.

Iskall stood in front of the End palace with an enchanted dagger in hand. The End was being consumed by the void and as a counter measure Iskall was killing people with the enchanted dagger bestowed upon him by someone who called themself "Dinnerbone".

The dagger was supposed to send a person to a different dimension when used to kill said person.

Did Iskall believe them? Yes. Was the idea ludicrous? Yeah. Did it make sense? No. Then why did the Swede do it? He didn't even know who this Dinnerbone guy was.

He tightened his grip on the dagger and proceeded anyway.

Iskall heard steps from behind him. A soft hand fell upon his shoulder and turned him around. It was Bdubs.

"Iskall, why are you doing this? Please, I swear, I won't turn you in to Xisuma, I just want an explanation."

Iskall stayed silent.

"Iskall! You're seen as a murderer! A ruthless killer! A psychopath! All for what?! What do you get out of this?!" Bdubs yelled, tears pricking at his eyes.

The Swede didn't reply, instead, he swiftly turned and stabbed Bdubs straight through the chest with the dagger.

"I-... sorry...it's for the best," he whispered.

The last expression on Bdubs' face was one of betrayal and pure horror. Then he collapsed, hopefully taken to the other dimension.

Iskall choked back a sob. At least he would know the truth now. When you were killed, you were taken to an alternate dimension where you were safe. That's what the magic in the dagger did. That's where Bdubs was now. Safe.

One down.

Iskall wiped the tears from his face as he slowly lowered Bdubs's body to the ground. It was heart wrenching, but it was necessary for him to be reincarnated in the safe, alternate world. He made his way back towards his base. Towards Ren.

Once Iskall found Ren's base, he stalked the halls looking for him. His footsteps clicked ominously on the floor as he hunted for him. "Hey, Ren?" He called out, feeling the dagger tucked in at his back and smirking.

"Oh, hi, Iskall!" Ren's head popped around a corner, his eyes sparkling. "What you up to, brother?"

"Nothing much..." Iskall said, trying to calm his nerves and work up his confidence. Ren was too oblivious to his situation.

Ren stopped what he was doing to fully look at Iskall, but immediately regretted it when he saw the blood covered dagger.

"I-Iskall?" Ren backed away as his Swedish friend stepped forward.