three

Dakota

"man these kids are fucking idiots" i say pulling out of the packing lot of the big house.

we just sold hella shit for hella money because we ripped them off but they don't need to know.

"they are, damn" aiden agrees looking in the bag full of money, he continues to count and separate it between the two of us as i drive.

"listen i wanna make a quick stop by the club, i will be quick" i tell him, he looks at me skeptical before nodding.

i pull in the packing lot and get 200 bucks before heading inside, i make my way straight to the bar.

"ay man do you know anything about the dancers here?" i ask the bartender, he shakes his head making me suck my teeth.

i stop one of the dancer that is walking by, "ay do you know bil? she's a dancer here?" i ask her.

"bil?" she makes a face before realization hit her and she nods, "you mean billie?" i shrug and nod.

she checks me out before nodding, "she was right, you're fine" she says making me smile.

so she was talking about me.

"is she in today?" i ask her, she nods and tells me to follow her.

"luckily for you. she came a few minutes ago actually" she says leading the way.

"when does she usually work?" i ask her.

"tuesday, wednesday, friday and saturdays" she says opening a door and makes me wait.

"i'll go get her, you sadly can't come in here" she says disappearing behind the door.

i shove my hands into my pockets while i rock on my toes looking around the almost full bar.

i hear the doors open behind me making me turn around to see billie standing there.

"you're back" she says with a teasing smile and folds her arms, i can't help but check her out.

she's hella shorty without heels.

"i am, i wanted to see you for at least a few minutes" i tell her making her laugh.

"you're cute" she says sarcastically making me roll my eyes, "but i have to be up on stage in a few minutes" she says pointing up at the stage.

"as much as i would like to stay, i have somewhere i need to be" i tell her going down on one knee to helping her put on her heels.

"but i wanted to maybe get your number or something?" i ask her nervously while tying her shoes making sure it's not too tight.

"why?" she makes a face.

"because i want you and want to get to know you" i tell her bluntly making her stare at me.

"i don't know but i don't think you can" she shakes her head, i nod understandingly while looking around.

"can i atleast buy you a drink maybe that's the start of me making my way up?" i ask her.

she chuckles and agrees, i let her lead the way to the bar and let her order before paying.

"why you're so determined? you don't even know me" she says with a face while taking her drink from the bartender.

"but i want to get to know you" i tell her making her look at me for a minute, i notice a guy walking by spike her drink.

"i'll think about it" she shrugs turning back to pick up her drink but i take it back.

"can i get another one please? this one has been spiked" i ask the bartender paying for another.

he nods and makes one while i glance around till my eyes land on the guy and make eye contact with him.

he immediately runs off in the crowd making me roll my eyes, "stay away from anyone wearing a blue shirt tonight" i tell billie handing her the new drink.

"okay, thank you" she says with a small smile, i help her back to the back before i turn back to leave but she calls me back.

"your shirt is blue by the way" she says with a smug smile, i look down at my shirt and kiss my teeth.

"touché" i shrug making her laugh, i watch her disappear before turning back and make way back to the car.

"took you long enough" aiden says as i enter the car.

"sorry" i say starting the car and drive to my mom's house, i glance at the clock to see that there's still an hour before ri's sleeping time.

i speed the rest of the way until we're parking outside my mom's house and knock on the door, i hear small footsteps running up to the door and soon ri is opening the door.

"mama, dee is here" she says throwing herself on my leg, i laugh and pick her up to hug her properly.

"aiden" my mom says giving him a hug, ri picks up her head and gasps, "uncle" she says throwing herself on him.

i laugh and hug my mom, "how are you mom?" i ask closing the door behind us.

"i'm good baby" she says taking us to the kitchen to give us food.

"me and ri got you a gift" she says giving me a gift bag, i open it and see ri's painting of us making me laugh.

"this is so cute" i gush and pulling out the tekkies my mom bought me.

"thank you ma" i say giving her a hug and kiss ri's cheek making her giggle.

"you're welcome baby" my mom says while taking out ri's recently school projects to show us.