thirty six

Dakota

"like it was a constant of i want your time and attention but i have to beg you to come see me" i nod as my eyes follow her every move.

"and as your girlfriend i don't want to nor do i have to beg you for you to show me love and appreciation so at some point i stopped trying to just to step back and look at the relationship and i realised like it was constantly me trying, me doing everything for us" she sniffles using her hands to talk.

i honestly don't know how we ended up her.

billie sitting across me telling me about her past relationship but i don't mind, she never went into depth about what happen in her relationship.

"and as soon as i stopped texting him first, we went two to three months without talking and then he came back making excuses like no i know for a fact you're playing me. there's no way you can go months without talking to your girlfriend and be perfectly fine with it unless you're talking to other people" i nod watching her wipe her tears.

"so after that i just stepped back of dating and then there was you, which is why i was so hesitant with you" she adds rubbing her face and covers it with her hands to let out a sigh.

i sit up slightly watching her with my head tilted as she pulls herself together until she looks up at me making me smile softly.

"thank you for trusting with your heart" i start softly, "i know it wasn't easy and i don't blame you nor do i mind you feeling the need to check my shit every week or everday, i know you have trust in me and you do it for extra reassurance and i don't mind, i really don't care" i tell her giving her my hand to hold.

"my phone is our phone" i tell her making her chuckle.

"and again.. i'm sorry you went through that shit, those boys didn't deserve you" i tell her as i pull her up.

i stand up for us to meet besides the table and hug her tightly, "you literally have my whole heart in your hands baby, you have me and always will" i tell her.

"i love you, i love you a lot" she mumbles against my chest making me smile as i kiss the top of her head.

"i love you too mama, i love you so much more" i tell her.

"not possible"

"so possible" i tell her pulling away to kiss her lips and we both slip back in the booth as we continue waiting for our food.

"now tell me about your past relationships" she says as i use wipes to clean her face and kiss both her cheeks.

"well the first one was with this girlfriend in high school and she was cool and all but it just didn't work out, she wanted a full committed relationship while i had just discovered myself so i wanted to whore around a bit" i chuckle watching billie roll her eyes.

"but yeah, i broke it off but she didn't want to let go for the longest time until someone came along and she forgot about me" i shrug.

"the second one was just bad, i mean she treated me like a guy so much. i always had to be providing of her, taking her shopping. it was all about her" i shrug a bit while grabbing billies hands again.

"i didn't realise how bad it was but what made me cut it off was when she met my sister and riley hated her with literally everything in her and if my sister doesn't approve then i don't" i smile with teasing smile watching billies face flush red.

"good thing your sister loves me then" she says tilting her head.

"mmh, she loves you. she was actually asking for you earlier when i called her" i tell her making her smile widen.

"we will call her later?" she pouts slightly making me smile and nod, she waiter comes and places our food on the table with a kind smile.

"enjoy" she says walking away, i chuckle and look over at billie getting ready to eat.

she's so beautiful.

🫂

i can't help but smile as i lay on the couch watching billie talk to my little sister from the kitchen area.

every now and then i would hear small adorable gasps from both of them and giggles.

they made me leave so they can talk alone. i would be mad if they weren't so adorable.

i hear them say their goodbyes before billie makes her way to me in my soto tee shirt and her black bikers shorts.

"your sister is so cute" she gushes getting on top of me to lay there, i wrap my arms around her to pull her closer to kiss her forehead.

"you're cute" i tell her as i rub her back.

"this isn't about me" she laughs putting her chin on my chest as her hands make their way into my shirt to lay them on my stomach.

"i don't care, i love you" i tell her giving her a small kiss making her smile widely.

"i love you"