twenty four

Billie

"bro leave me the fuck alone" i huff angrily trying not to break down.

crazy how my mood went from 100 to 0 really quick.

"nah mama, i missed you. you moved and changed your number, let me talk to you?" brandon says pinning me against the corner of the building.

"leave me alone" i say pushing him away but he quickly holds my arms to pull me against him as he touches me making my eyes water at the flashbacks im having.

i feel him yank away from me, i didn't need to look up to know it's dakota as she  punches him and spats out words.

i hear brandon talk back as they fight but i am focused on controlling my breathing as flashbacks creep in.

i hear dakota spit out angrily as the fighting stops making me look up to see brandon against the wall with a gun to his stomach.

my eyes widen as i stand up hold dakota back, "baby" i call her but she doesn't pay me attention as she pressed the gun deeper into him.

"dakota" i call placing my hand over hers making her grip softly on the gun, "baby look at me" i tell her.

"this is not worth it. we're in public and you've got too much to lose, don't do it please" i beg her.

i glance over at brandon watching him look between us, i look back at dakota to see her watching me before she drops her hand by her side.

"get the fuck out of here, i don't want to see or hear about you again" she spats at brandon making him immediately run off.

she lets out a sigh running her hands down her face and puts her gun back in the band of her pants.

"fuck" she yells at herself before letting out a sigh when i take her hand to hug her.

"i'm sorry baby" she apologizes wrapping her arms around me, "i'm so sorry i didn't get hear early enough" she says kissing my head.

"stop and just hold me please" i ask her softly making her immediately squeeze me tighter.

within the next ten minutes we have moved to my car in the parking lot, she wipes my tears away and kiss my forehead.

"i'm sorry baby"

"it's not your fault, you did come help me though" i tell her cupping her face to look into her cloudy eyes, "you came to help me, stop beating yourself up" i tell her pecking her lips.

before i know it i was waking up in her apartment cuddling into her chest as she thinks out loud and message my scalp.

"i was really going to kill him, fuck i still want to" she says with a sigh and shuffle around to get out of bed.

i open my eyes watching her take a seat on the couch in her room and rub her face before throwing her head back.

i get out of bed and walk towards her to place myself in her lap, i wrap my arms around her neck making her immediately wrap hers around my waist.

"i've got you" i whisper in her ear as i lay her head on my shoulder letting her let out her own tears.

🫂

i ended up calling out of work for the third time this week, im so glad danny is understanding.

dakota still goes though, she's new and can't be asking for days off yet but i've been staying with her.

meaning i'm leaving with aiden, jay, rick and six others. i feel safer here than alone in my apartment.

everyone is so sweet. we watch movies or do something fun during the day and they go out to sell at night, someone is always around though.

i honestly appreciate and love everyone here.