forty

Billie

"i suck" i laugh as dakota attempts to teach me how to ball dance.

"you were getting somewhere" she shrugs pulling out her phone to change the song.

i look around the empty field and out at the LA city lights, i can't help but smile softly.

i feel dakota take my hand to turn me around, my smile widen as she twirls me around and pulls me back to dip me.

i can't the giggle as she picks me up and spins me up in the air. she sets me back down only to spin me around so my back is on her front. we gently sway to i want you around by snoh aelegra.

"i want you around" i sing lowly as i hug her arms around my waist, i feel her place a small sweet kiss on my cheek as she hums keeping her lips on my face, "i love you" i tell her softly making her smile.

"i love you more princess" i close my eyes leaning back into her while we softly sway until the song ends and i turn around to hug her, "you know you're the best thing that has ever happen to me right? like i love you with everything in me and everything i can give to you. i will give to you"

i bite my lip looking up at her as her thumb rubs my waist, "i'm in love with your fine ass and nothing can ever change that" she adds making me blush, i hide my face in her chest as she chuckles.

"i'm in love with your sexy ass too. you're my everything, my family, my best friend, my fucking soulmate. i love you' i tell her watching her smile widely.

"ew, we really are that couple" i say crunching up my nose, dakota lets out a laugh while agreeing.

"we really are but i don't mind. we can be as cheesy and cringe as we want with each other" she says picking me up to hug me tightly.

"you're fucking amazing, you know" i tell her as looks at me, she simply connects out lips as she sits me on the car.

"i find you pretty awesome too" i laugh lowly at her words and peck her lips, "let's go home now" she says placing me in the passenger seat and closes the door.

i feel a horrible feeling settle in my chest making me let out a breath while i sneakily put my hand on my stomach to rub it softly and quickly pull it out when she gets in the drivers seat.

"baby, can i borrow your phone please?" she hands me her phone as she starts the car, i take this time to go through the phone but i find nothing making me sigh while i place the phone on my lap.

the feeling is still there though.

"you're okay baby? you seem a bit tense" dakota says glancing over at me and places her hand on my thigh giving it a small squeeze.

"yeah, i'm good. just a bit thirsty" i tell her making her nod as she speeds up a bit to make it to the stop light before it turns orange.

"baby slow down" i tell her quickly sitting up when the feeling burns my chest, "dakota slow down" i shout making her slam onto the breaks in time for a nothing car to drive in front of us fast making me flinch when it hits the street light.

"shit, you're okay?" i give a nod slightly out of words, "i'm sorry baby, oh my god" she says leaning over to hug me tighly.

"dakota, i'm okay, please go check on that car" i say pointing at the car burning up, she quickly exits while i call an ambulance, my hand rubs my stomach softly as i watch dakota pull out someone in the drivers seat.

"please send an ambulance, there's been a accident" i tell her giving an address, i sit there shocked. In no time they were here and helping, they're also giving us check ups even though we have told them we're okay.

"you're both okay, nothing seems wrong but your stress levels are too high and its risky for the baby" dakota's eyes shot to me instantly when she said that as i look down.

"thank you, i am trying to calm down" i tell the lady making her nod, i refuse to meet dakota's eyes as i watch them collect their things and pack up.

"billie" i look at dakota as she looks at me with a look i can't describe before she rubs her forehead and thanks the nurses and picks me up to the car.

"billie, i- what the actual fuck is she talking about?" i know damn well she knows what that lady is talking about, she lets out a sigh when she sees that i'm not answering.

"why didn't you tell me?" i shrug playing with my fingers before glancing at her, "come here baby" she says calling me into her lap, i climb over to straddle her lap and hug her.

"i'm not sure if i want to keep it, i didn't want to tell you until i have made the decision so i don't give you false hope" i tell her.

"and that's okay baby, you know whatever choice you make i will be here but i would have appreciated it if you told me so i can be there for you" she tells me rubbing my back.

"i know, i'm sorry"

"it's okay baby" 

this is the ending.

damn. originally, they were both suppose to die in the accident but that's a bit brutal.

i am leaving it kind of open ended, it's up to you if they have the child or not.

this book is so mid.

thank you for reading. 

forehead kisses for all of you.