Vacker Sibling #3

We—me, Keefe and the Vackers—were at Everglen having what they called dinner. In reality, it was a fucking feast—I'm talking weird elvin dishes for days. Keefe and I were taking turns teasing Fitz about the goddamn ridiculous amount of crush cuffs he got. Of course, not before he teased me about dating Valin, like the gremlin he is.

Crush cuffs, in short, are wristbands with their names embroidered on it. Apparently, they were hoping he'd wear them to school to show he liked them. The man didn't even know half of the names; it was hilarious—and slightly weird.

Plus, Keefe didn't even mention the necklace with further proved my theory that he had no idea about it.

Right before I could bring it up, about halfway through the dinner, a dark-haired guy with looked much like Fitz and Biana except the eyes all but ran into the room and threw himself into he empty chair. Clearly a Vanisher as he was blinking in and out of sight with every step. He smiled sheepishly at Della show as bringing him a plate of food. "Sorry I'm late, Mom. I got held up at Customs."

What's Customs? was my first thought. And, I was right! He was their older brother.

He obviously tried hard to look good—all that gel is making me squirm. God, does he need it to be that neat? Where's the flavour, man? "Few more shoves and you're gonna end up like Galvin," I said out loud by mistake. I stand by that observation, though. His cape was giving me war flashbacks.

"That's the plan," he smiled. And you're proud of that?! "You must be the famous Sophie Foster. I'm Alvar." Alden and Alvar? Yeah, I'm not going to be able to keep that straight.

There was snickering at that. "Eh, I wouldn't say famous. Maybe infamous is more accurate," I said absently. "Oh my God, Keefe, remember the look on Alina's face when she found the reekrods on the ceiling?!" I pulled out my phone from my jeans' pocket—Yeah, I couldn't be bothered to dress fancy for this. I've had enough of tunics and tights for a lifetime. I was in jeans and an MCR T-shirt I bought as a joke a year ago with my new Dextech© headphones around my neck—and pulled up the picture.

Alina would be ready to commit genocide had elves not been so peaceful.

Fitz choked. "That was you?!" He narrowed his eyes and glanced between Keefe and I.

"No idea what you're talking about." I raised my hand and highfived Keefe who was cackling next to me. "And why didn't you tell me you had a brother? Honestly, I'm hurt."

Alvar no-so-discreetly leaned over and stage whispered to Alden, "There's two of them," with a slack look on his face. Alden just sighed. "You sure talk about me a lot, Fitz. Where's the love for your favourite sibling, huh?"

"In your dreams," Fitz shot back.

Alvar dramatically sighed. "That's what I get for moving out. Everyone's forgotten me."

"We know you're busy," Della corrected handing him a glass of fizzleberry wine and messing up his hair. The gel made it stick up in visually uncomfortable ways.

"Busy juggling two girlfriends," Keefe interrupted.

Alvar grinned, "Three." Polygamous?

"Three?" Della’s voice was as horrified as her expression. Maybe not, then? "Alvar, that’s awful."

"Are you kidding? It’s awesome!" Keefe corrected. "You’re my hero."

Alvar beamed and Della glared at both of them. I figured I won't get in the middle of that. I slowly shoveled food into my mouth and listen to their conversation with much needed mental input.